Page 1 of 1

R.I.P Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:50 pm
by Kaz
This was posted on Tempers Ball earlier today by Crynus
Just writing to let everyone know of another (probably somewhat more obscure) old timer that is leaving us.

Curtis Butterfield (known as Tekmet) suffered massive head trauma from a fall about 6 months ago and was taken off of life support a few days ago, he is currently in hospice care surrounded by his wife and family.

More info is here for those that care: http://www.curtisbutterfield.com/

He was my AGM in The Epic Dynasty, The Eternal Dynasty, and was also a member of our group that joined 9Sages of Fate (9SF).

More importantly he was a good person, and a dear friend.

He was 36 years old, and is survived by his wife Sara, his daughter Clara (2) and many adoring family and friends.

Thanks,
Ryan (aka - Crynus)
EDITED

Tekmet passed away on may 29th

Re: Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:46 pm
by Nether
I remember him, we are losing way to many good people. Prayers to his family.

Re: Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:04 am
by owly
so young i wish the best for his family

Re: Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:40 am
by Kaz
Looks like we missed an update on the website :(
Early morning, May 29, 2011, Curtis breathed his last breath.
.

R.I.P Tekmet

Re: R.I.P Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:33 am
by Nagash
Sorry to hear it. Tekmet was a nice person.

My sympathy to his family.

Re: R.I.P Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:42 am
by Stryfe
R.I.P :( Was a good guy

Re: R.I.P Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:40 am
by Ryloc
Condolences to his family and the community as well.

Tek will live on forever in his own way. Godspeed.

Monarchy The Black Hand

Canon Maxim GM NV- Nyamafu Vurumai

/Intemptesta Nox\ Co-GM with Sartorious


Misses all you guys and gals.
~Salutes~
--Ryloc

Re: R.I.P Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 am
by Calis
Oh, damn..I didn't know about this :( I had the honor of having tekmet and his group of friends playing for me back in the days of 100k built realms in Maxim...back when divine light was still a small guild, he was a huge part of our success. I remember many many conversations after warchats about all those kinds of topics that his wife said he loved to talk about.

Guess I'll never get to take him up on the free ink he promised me if I ever made it down to Illinois...heh

rest in peace old buddy, thanks for the memories)

(here's a good article about it - http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco/di ... ?id=546179)

Re: R.I.P Tekmet - aka Curtis Butterfield

Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:36 am
by Oriana
Sweet sleep Tekmet....

My heart goes out to his family & friends, no matter how much time goes by it's still never enough to heal all the hurt. :-(