'Old' Beginnings (OOC Plot Discussion)

~ This is our OOC forum for the Stories of Tonan play-by-post roleplay game. Information about characters, ideas for how to take the plot.. etc go in here.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Re: 'Old' Beginnings (OOC Plot Discussion)

Postby Kaz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Just want to appologise for my lack of posting, especially as Ruark. I am extremely busy with the v2 stuff. I'm trying to keep up with things though, if Ruark's absense is starting to cause an issue let me know.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Volodimire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 pm

Kaz,

it is fine! your abscence coudl mean that you were detained, or ambushed, or delayed for some reason. which means volodimire will be tried and sentenced... but they will have difficulties killing him by conventional means. so, i think they will end up mummifying him by encasing him in bronze with the box in hand then sinking him into the ocean. there is plenty of interraction leading up to that point.

also, Topheh and Javari coudl plan to try and release him, but are either unable to find him, or are up against formidable foes. they coudl even try to retrieve him, but are otherwise unable to.

i am also playing with the idea of the meridian shaman as an archnemisis. but, i want the plot deeper then that. the longer you take, the deeper the plot will thicken. so, take your time, let things get really bad. :ugeek:
Time is a faithful reminder of what will never come again. It guides us through every journey, and counts away the moments of our most cherished memories.

Crystiame Volodimire
Volodimire
Lost Soul

Postby Topheh » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:49 am

Sorry I dissapeared for a few days... life got busy. I'll get a reply done tonight or tomorrow.
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Was just wondering where all this reptile people, other wolrds etc stuff is going?

Seems a strange direction to be aiming a roleplay about a newly emerged wraith from the void, so I was wondering where you were taking it?

Also, I'm confused about this flag of Ruark stuff?

I'll try and get a post in tomorrow asumming I understand what you're expecting from Ruark, other than the obvious turn up to save your ass ;)
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Volodimire » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 am

well, what i am thinking is that this world was consumed by the shadows. since no one from this world has knowledge of them. that world is dead, deceased. and, the likelihood of this extraterrestial shaman in divulging this information is slim to none.. but, it could segway other facts as needed? so, this wraith form had long since devoured the world the meridian shaman had come from.

the flag is just a family banner, or emblem, or whatever. i didnt have any other way of describing him. not being there , or in being abcent. so i though.. place him there, then him not there with his banner. flags are frequently used in battle top rally troops, and volodimire woudl have been familiar with that.

ruark was asked to speak on the behalf of volodimire. the elder didnt want this to happen. and though the message got to ruark to come, i am thinking he was ambushed or detained, requiring the assistance of Tohpeh and Javari. but, i am thinking Javari ends up doing something foolish and gets in trouble, requiring being saved by ruark.

i didnt know how to play the wraith. you had said to take the time to getting to that, so that is what i had done. we can even say later on that the meridian is a convoy or has worked with, or has been tainted byt he shadows? it is kind of implied... remotely. thoughts?
Time is a faithful reminder of what will never come again. It guides us through every journey, and counts away the moments of our most cherished memories.

Crystiame Volodimire
Volodimire
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:18 pm

It's quite odd that you chose to speak of reptiles. When Sunblade shut down Maxim he started a game called Covenant. I ignored it from the history because some of the Maxim citizens left Tonan via a portal to escape Maxim's destruction. I never took part in any roleplay, but the world they went to, was dominated by a race Sunblade called the Lizard People.

One thing to keep in mind when branching off on the wraith story. Adrastia was banished to the void, she currently has no influence on Tonan, and does not know how to find her way back. When she was banished, all record of her was erased from history, so she's not in any books. The mortal gods dont know the truth and the only way a character will have heard of her, is if they are so ancient that they remember the time before the elder gods were born.

The single wraith that came through is not one of her minions. He found the way by accident, and is interested in feeding. Later, other wraiths will find the way, including one loyal to Adrastia.

When that wraith eventually gets banished to the void, it is playing into his hands. This is a long way down the line, but it'll have learned the name Tonan, that there are no Gods here, and also the way from the void to Tonan without having to go past Intop.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Kaz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Desdemona,

I was just wondering if your two character were - like frost - at Silkys? or are they at the other tavern?
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Desdemona » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:06 pm

Lyra and Meglynne are at the other tavern, the one closer to the hill where the City of Obensea rests. Along with a whole slew of staff and occupants waiting to make an entrance should motivation return to me any time soon.
Desdemona
Lost Soul

Postby Volodimire » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:51 pm

for your post, ruark can already be n his way and tohpeh and javari coudl have just missed him. tohpeh and javari can have a short exchange with the manservant or whomever at the ruark estate.

from there were can have another post with ruark and the trial, and of the evidence against volodimire.

then from there have topheh and javari confront ruark about the newe evidence that woudl suggest that volodimire didnt do this. ruark then studies the murder at the volodimire study and finds it to be a fake, inconsistencies in the movement of dust on the floor with how long the dust was there... and maybe a footprint that didnt match...

and from there we can have another set of posts of them trying to save volodimire ont he boat, only to find that they had already cast him in to the ocean. how will they save him?

from there we will have to come up with another set of plots, try to track down this shadow/wraith creature before the Shaman does. but the shaman already one-ups them. in that town... and maybe there is a confrontation...

the shaman hires Greshda Vret to put a hit out on Javari and Tohpeh, or maybe some other npc, in that town...

thoughts on this storyline progression?

Crystiame Volodimire
Volodimire
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:27 pm

the bit about ruark already being on his way was what i was thinking, once the trial is over i think ruark will have to part from the quest for a bit, or at least not be central enough to cause you to wait for him. I'm seriously busy and struggling to find a spare hour or so to write something creative.

I'll try and get a post out tomorrow. Will cover the guards at the door in it, unless toph does it first
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Javari » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:41 am

i could do it, javari is already there.
The greatest of magics are those that when cast cause no ripples along the pond. Choose your stone wisely, my friend. My first very well may be your last.

Javari, Reluctant Keeper of the Goldenrod
Javari
Lost Soul

Postby Topheh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Heh, Kaz, I hear you. All of a sudden I'm swamped with work. Like where this is going so far, though :D
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Volodimire » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:43 pm

i like where the story is going as well!

if kaz is busy, toph and i could fill in parts, unless you are able to find time.

since everyone is so busy, i can do one for javari, volodimire, and the shaman. this will hopefully given everyone some time. my first response i think will be with volodimire on how dire his situation... maybe them moving him to the trial room.

then i think the shaman... putting the icing on the cake against volodimire, and him collecting his fee.

and then javari... suggests casting Pass Through Stone, assuming the disguise of a different droben... a messenger. and will try to get to ruark before the trial starts...

Crystiame Volodimire
Volodimire
Lost Soul

Previous

Return to Plotting The Story [OOC]