The Fall of Acadia {OOC}

~ This is our OOC forum for the Stories of Tonan play-by-post roleplay game. Information about characters, ideas for how to take the plot.. etc go in here.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

The Fall of Acadia {OOC}

Postby Sikil » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 pm

This is the OOC thread for The Fall of Acadia. Acadia is currently the setting for the roleplay of Lost Lore and it feels like there will be lots of mysteries surrounding it when the group leaves and moves onto another location.

So with this in thought, I felt that I should expand on it and maybe give some more history to the location.

Also, this story has been rattling around in my head for too long, need to get it down.

Acadia is the capital city of Lord Illusion, a Knight of the Flame, located in Mo'pri. His real name is Aelsius LuSuoles, but because of his magical affinity with illusions, he normally goes by Illusion.

This is an open thread but I ask that your character be dated back to the Mo'pri days. If nobody does join it, I just hope you enjoy it.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Re: The Fall of Acadia {OOC}

Postby Sikil » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Brilliant! Would make a lot of sense and would help out with the Fall of Acadia thread.

So this is what I'm thinking of for the plot of the thread.

The future-seers see a great darkness coming to Mo'pri and Lord Illusion and his council and other characters will eventually use their magic to locate a 'travel stone'. They begin an exodus of their city to an underground cavern that is on the other end and try to recreate Acadia.

As to what happens then that causes the citizens to become undead, that'll be for future discussions.

What do you think?

This thread is a little harder to do as we have a definite end spot as to whats supposed to be there at the end: the cavern city that's in Lost Lore.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Topheh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Oh, I often find the 'go towards a goal' threads to be easier, as when things hit the inevitable lull, you can at least step back and say 'so... where *were* we going with all of this?' and get it restarted.

But yeah, lets do that.
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 am

I've moved the chat relating to the Lost Lore thread into the lost Lore OOC thread to keep them from getting to confused.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Modified slightly the character history. Hopefully this helps combine the two threads more efficiently and also solve some problems I've personally had with Lord Illusion. Making him a Sidhe seems to fix some of those, now to just work out the others :P

Kaz, hopefully this fits with what you imagine for the Sidhe and the vampires.
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 pm

The Vampires were going to stem from the Sidhe in the context that Sidhe were incorporeal and included Banshee and Fairy. If Sidhe are more like elves (but made of magic rather than flesh) that faeries, the Wampyr would probably be born from the Fae instead. The idea of the corruption creating the Wampyr from an incorporeal being associated with death (Banshee) makes the most sense.

However, you making Lord Illusion into a Sidhe doesn't create a problem. The Wampyr in the tower doesn't have to have been created from the inhabitants, merely attracted to the obelisk, which would be even more attractive when a food source moved in. As sidhe are corporeal magical beings, it makes sense that the Wampyr would not be able to correctly 'turn' them, hence creating the zombies instead.

So, in a nutshell, if a 'Pure-Blood' Wampyr (or Vampire) tries to turn an Elf, Dwarf, Human etc, you get a Vampire. However, if it tried to turn a Sidhe, you get a Zombie.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:34 am

Will post again tonight. Please let me know if you're interested in posting in this thread, that way I can halt my posts until you join in. Thanks.
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Sikil » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 pm

If no one else is interested in rping this thread, I'll just wrap it up. Will give a few more days to see what happens
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Topheh » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:45 pm

*sigh*

I keep meaning to join, and I keep... not.

*sigh*
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Sikil » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 am

If you're still interested, I'll wait.
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Return to Plotting The Story [OOC]