Request

~ This is our OOC forum for the Stories of Tonan play-by-post roleplay game. Information about characters, ideas for how to take the plot.. etc go in here.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Request

Postby Sikil » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:11 pm

I was thinking today at work that the role-play has great evolved from where it once was during the Mo'pri days which I have to admit is the last time I role-played. But that wasn't the main thought, or at least it wasn't what I wanted to bring up here and request.

Would it be possible to have a part of the site portioned off that would hold the lore of the world of Tonan? Like a race page that describes all the races, their mannerisms, ect. Or a beastiary. Or even a map.

I know you've started this in another thread, but I was hoping for something a little more substantial and easier searched if you're looking for something in particular.

Also, I know in the Shareplay days there was a role-play Saint that you could contact and have them help out in your thread if you were either posting alone or just simply got stuck. Something like that would be beneficial as it would allow the rper(s) to get more info of the world they're in, help steer them away from a dead-end role-play, or simply have someone else to role-play with.

Now that I said that, I'll shut up and go crawl into my corner.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Re: Request

Postby Kaz » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:20 am

In a few months, once the art work is done it'll be much easier to do that.

That thread is about getting the descriptions for the artist together (which reminds me i need to get them finished). I posted it hoping that people would add to the mix to make sure that things were not just 'my' vision.

For now, you can always ask me if you need clarification on things that occured in the post-shareplay days of canon, or how the storyline is planned to go.

I've got a person in mind a the roleplay moderator too. Two, if the other sticks around long enough.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Okay, then just a quick question.

How has the magic changed since the time the old gods first waged war to now? Or has it changed at all? Like would artifacts from that time be dependable or would they just be fancy paperweights?
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:34 pm

In my personal opinion magic actually comes from Intop, Soma and Numi. The Gods just kind of take on aspects. I cant think of a reason to have old magical artifacts becoming useless unless you want an artifact to become useless for the storyline point of view.

There was once a suggestion to add 'artifacts' into the game, one day I might even do that, and If I did I'd pick artifacts from the storyline past. Eventually I want to set up roleplays where the mortal kings go searching for old artefacts to try and reclaim their immortality, so they obviously think they must retain some power.

These two paragraphs from the maxim storyline summarise my personal opinion on magic. I based my charter and roleplay around it.

Our two moons, Soma and Numi circle our planet once a day. Suma, the larger and blue tinted one always ahead in the night sky by about three fingers. Numi, behaving like a little brother trying not to be noticed to often by its bigger older sister, lingers behind wallowing in its sickly gray tint. Some say our magickal power comes from the moons, but this has not been fully verified and is a source of high contention amongst the most learned of scholars. Yet another topic for another day, we will continue with the original topic.

Our light, the bringer of dawn and father of shadows, Intop rises to the southeast between the peaks of Himna and Portan for those of us blessed to still reside in Tonan, which remains relatively unscathed. It is with humble habit that I force myself to wake before dawn and begin the meditation of old, while waiting for Intop to rise and cast away the last remaining tentacles of darkness. When done with the morning ritual of Skana (the praising the moons and the sun for existing once again, and still) I can finally relax and remember the times of peace that were, what seems at least, to be only yesterdays enjoyment. But the dream that was peace, that lingers so, is something I’ve failed to purge from my old and worm filled memory.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:15 pm

I know you've been busy, Kaz, with getting the race images up, but thought of a way we could get a roleplaying map for you. If you gave us a basic description of the world, those interested could whip up maps and post them for you to choose from.

Just a thought. Feel free to ignore me, I often do.
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Topheh » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah, I can volunteer for that if nobody else is willing... I've got some mapping software on my computer from DnD-related stuff... I'm certainly not the best at working with it, but... *shrugs*
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Aeyliea » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:41 pm

lol I could come up with backstories for races and such, provided you give me points that must be hit. I can spin a yarn offa just about anything :D
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.

Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.
Aeyliea
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 am

If you guys want to make maps and racial back stories then cool. The only slight problem with racial back stories is the current lack of role-players. It would have to be something that doesn't kill off peoples old ideas of the race, so might be best to have a thread going over things. I was hoping to achieve some of that with the huge thread I created, but it hasn't really achieved much. Other than the need to switch back to changelings (or basically make scamps and changelings the same thing)

Lets start with the map.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1295
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Aeyliea » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Here is something to think about though.

Races never have 'one' story to them./ Look at humans - a mass of humanity, but so many different ideologies, customs, and region based histories. I know that the group of sidhe that Seska spins off of might be very uniquely my own, or not, and I am sure the same could be said for others. But yes, map first - setting is as much important as back story is.
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.

Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.
Aeyliea
Explorer

Postby gilroy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:26 am

The Gods are silent, no longer do they respond to the prayers of the high priests. The names Foret, Isonia and Darden, once spoken in all corners of the world, have almost faded from mortal lips. Throughout the land, devastation reigns supreme. The vast Island continent of Maxim has been obliterated by earthquakes and eruptions. While on the main-land, the guildlands of Tismad lie abandoned, much of them turned to deserts of dust and sand.
gilroy

Postby Topheh » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:11 pm

This really is an odd spammer.
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Completely missed that post. Recently the only real spam we've been getting are people posting something that is unclear if it's spam or not. Then.... a short time later once the post has been seen and decided to be left, they edit signatures and turn the post into spam.
Kaz
Administrator

Return to Plotting The Story [OOC]