Lost Lore {OOC}

~ This is our OOC forum for the Stories of Tonan play-by-post roleplay game. Information about characters, ideas for how to take the plot.. etc go in here.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Re: Lost Lore {OOC}

Postby Rhoslyn » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 pm

No problem Sikil, I'm off on holiday for the next week myself. Have to leave in five and a bit hours and for four of them I'm going to be asleep!

Will post as soon as I can once I get back :)
"Cut. Burned. Poisoned. Welcome to Defiance"
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Topheh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Okay. Back in the land of the living. I'll post soon.
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Rhoslyn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Back here too, from the rather lovely and surprisingly sunny lands of Cornwall.

Will try and get a quick post up tonight.

EDIT: And nice mention of the fishing rod too :) Would love to see Nagash and Porckie back and rp'ing again, I need somewhere silly to throw my elf and goblin while Rhoslyn is occupied!
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Topheh » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Well, Nagash is floating around, and I tried to email Porkie a few weeks back. I... hold out hope :D

Edit: Oh please, please. I loved that spoon. Maybe you can find a matching cup or something?
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Rhoslyn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Well if Nagash is still floating about...Oi Nagash get yourself back and posting, one of my biggest regrets is never spending enough time posting with the OAFS ;)
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Topheh » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Yes. The grand, highly mature OAFS :P

... I miss them too.

I wonder if I still have the map of the Fisherlands... probably on my external HD at home. Actually, should be on the old boards. *rummages*

Oh my. It still exists. Imageshack, I am HIGHLY impressed with you.

Err... Hmm. Guess my posting-fu is just as poor now as it was back then.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/oafsv3to0.jpg/

Kaz, you don't happen to still have a backup of that aborted evernight wiki, do you?
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Sikil » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Hopefully after all the artwork is done with, Kaz will get us a map of the world. Maybe we'll be able to link old rp locations with new ones and have other threads experience some of the rich locals from out past.

Btw, updated the Summary of the thread in case any more rpers wander in.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Rhoslyn » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 am

I used to have bits and bobs of various guild and personal maps but I think I've lost them all now :( Now all I have left is a lot of old rp threads, most of which I don't even remember writing! lol

What would be nice, at some point in the future, would be to put together a list or description of various locations that are 'open' to more rp. Like for example the city where we find ourselves currently. Would just be a quick description and a link to the threads where it has appeared and perhaps other people could then reference it or use it in future rp.

In all honesty though I think I shall scrap a lot of my old locations and say that they were destroyed in the battle between the old Gods and the new, means I don't have to keep track of them and can create a whole lot of new ones!
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Sikil » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:47 pm

I was thinking the same thing, Rhoslyn. Allow other rpers that they could stumble on. Maybe even begin linking the various threads together so that they all don't seem individual stories in their own little world but stories from different perspectives and different plots in the same world, interacting with each other in ways they don't always realize.

It would even be interesting to see if someone makes a journey to Acadia to reclaim it.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Did I make a wiki at Evernight? I don't have anything backed up :(

There is a wiki here, but it's pretty empty.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Topheh » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Well, someone did. It... really never went anywhere. I think that Porckie and I were the only people to add pages to it, actually :D
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:38 pm

I did a wayback machine search on evernight.com/wiki and there was a single page cached from when I was in command. Looks like it slipped through the net. I 'do' have some additional things backed up on a corrupt HDD I'm rescuing, so 'maybe' there's stuff on there.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:38 am

Will wait a little longer for Toph to post. Either way will post again tonight.
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Topheh » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:42 am

Oh, I guess I can post... one of those 'hmm... yes, its a door... how do we go in' sorts of posts, but... away we go!'
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Sikil » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:14 pm

lol that post actually worked perfectly. I was thinking that the door would only open to three voices since the people of Tonan like their trinities
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

The Fall of Acadia {OOC}

Postby Kaz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:11 pm

You sent me a PM asking what happened to Mp-Pri, in context with your city found underground in the Empire. As you've created this thread it makes sense to answer you in here.

Mo-Pri as an island continent is still around, although currently (like most of the world) is uninhabited (at least at large).

If you've discovered an old Mo-Pri city underground in the Empire, then one of three things must have happened.

1. The Sidhe escaped the continent of Mo-Pri and created a new city underground in the eastern part of the large continent of Tismad.
2. The Sidhe 'moved' the city using magic, and it ended up located underground in it's current location.
3. Somethingunderground has teleported you (and I guess the wraith) to Mo-Pri, and when you get out of the city you'll find that you're a LONG way away from where you started.

I was thinking about introducing long-forgotten teleportation stones scattered around the world to facilitate re-discovery. There is one on the currently-nameless island I added to the south-east of the free cities. If you went with option 3 (which might be the most fun) then perhaps you could find another stone somewhere on Mo-Pri and get back to the main populated areas. The walk is a LONG way. Mo-Pri is the larger island continent furthest away to the east (similar in shape to the old mo-pri map)

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1295#p21739
Kaz
Administrator

Re: The Fall of Acadia {OOC}

Postby Kaz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:25 pm

As for why Mo-Pri became un-inhabitted, I don't know. That's a question that goes along with what happened to Oleana and the Elder Gods at the end of Era 2. To a certain extent the mystery with the gods is deliberate as it allows people to make their own minds up. But all that we really KNOW is that Oleana vanished along with the Elder Gods, and three of them ended up in the void. Oleana (like Darden) has a bit of a question-mark hanging over her.

Roleplay then moved on to Maxim, the prophets and then the New Gods. Was there a Mo-Pri devastation event? I don't know, people to ask would be those who roleplayed a transition between Mo-Pri and Maxim, I'm not sure many actually did, I suspect it usually involved a portal for ease. Maybe nothing happened to Mo-Pri at all.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Option three would be the most entertaining for sure, especially with the characters currently in the Lost Lore thread. Finding that they think they're still in the Empire but end up in Mo'pri would make for interesting rp as well as another reason for people to may want to reclaim the city. Could be that something in the tunnel that they were in acted like the teleportation stones and sent them to the remnants of Acadia if that follows with what you were thinking of with your stones.
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Topheh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Yeah, I'll cede to people who were actively RPing at the time (I started playing Monarchy about... 4 months before you guys switched over to Evernight) for what happened to Mo'Pri. From the RP I've saved, some of us Sidhe at least thought there was a cataclysm of some sort.

Anyways, how about an outpost? It might take a little bit of retcon, but we could claim that what we've found in Lost Lore so far isn't actually Acadia, but an ancient outpost of the much larger (and equally abandoned in some manner) city of Acacia proper. After all, it seems logical to me that the Sidhe, etc, on Mo'Pri would try and keep tabs of some sort on those short-lived humans to the north. At the top of the tower we could find an old transportation stone that would take us to the city itself... which would give us a convenient way to get away from the horde of zombies under our door.
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:16 am

There is just one issue you need to take into consideration. These travelling stones are huge obelisks and are going to be location in historically important/powerful positions around Tonan. If you find one in the underground cavern, the question (somebody has to answer) is why is it underground in a large but empty cavern (until the sidhe moved in of course). As you're leaving the cavern (in the other thread), or killing off a whole city after moving there (in this one), that's going to position one of the stones on the map, with no real reason for the position.

Second thing to consider is the arrival location (departure location in this thread). If your Sidhe from the past went hunting for a travelling stone, then your characters from the other thread are going to appear at that stone (not the original acadia). If the original acadia is near enough to the stone to enabled your other quest to find the city quickly, then your 'hunt for a stone' idea will be a bit short and it'd be strange the old sidhe didn't see the huge monument nearby.
Kaz
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Plotting The Story [OOC]