Lost Lore {OOC}

~ This is our OOC forum for the Stories of Tonan play-by-post roleplay game. Information about characters, ideas for how to take the plot.. etc go in here.

Moderators: Staff, Roleplay Staff

Re: Lost Lore {OOC}

Postby Rhoslyn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:41 pm

Ok quick idea of what Rhoslyn looks like:

Female dwarf of average height (let's call it about 4 and a half foot). Dark long hair in a single braid stretching down to the botton of her shoulder blades. Stormy blue eyes. Tends towards suspsicious with those she doesn't know and can be prone to scowling. Clothes are dark grey/blue, practical and hard-wearing, no chain mail, or plate, in fact no armour of any sort. She carries a pair of very simple, steel knives, which are each about as long as her forearms. her hands are covered in calluses and she does generally look weatherbeaten, someone used to living outdoors but not scruffy. The only ornamentation that she wears is a small stylized iron flame on a piece of leather thong around her neck.

This is all prone to change as I spend more time writing about her!
"Cut. Burned. Poisoned. Welcome to Defiance"
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:19 am

Sikil, I'm not sure if the two of you have spoken, but I think it's a bit odd that you've started posting storyline on behalf of Rhoslyn.

Personally I'd not like it if someone was posting on behalf of one of my characters, and if I'm honest, I'd personally prefer to see suggestions posted in the OOC thread, rather than actual roleplay on behalf of someone else.

It's sort of god-moding to a certain extent and probably not something we want to see become standard practice. Introducing a new character into a room someone has just entered and guiding the next post towards an idea is one thing, actually posting on thier behalf is a no no, unless you stick up an OOC comment at the start explaining that you have permission to do so.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:44 am

Don't worry, Kaz, have already talked to Rhoslyn about it. And all I really did was post what was in the room and such. Didn't have her running around and trying to climb the walls.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 am

Cool, I just wanted to make sure it didn't become common place.

Can you add an OOC comment to your two posts, so that other people dont get the wrong idea in the future?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Topheh » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:24 am

Mmmkay, figured out what Toph's going to find in the caves.

Azrael's staff. The (self-proclaimed) most powerful Sidhe mage had a staff that he kept with him at all times. I'm figuring it got lost, ended up here, and something about its nature is the reason why Toph's powers are fading as he gets closer to it.

I might also find a fishingrod of... unusual power... for other reasons :D
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Rhoslyn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:45 am

Cheers for that Kaz but yes Sikil and I had talked over PM about it and I'm fine with him adding in things like that :)

Toph, I don't know what sort of effects your character is going to suffer from as he loses his magic, but the flowers that Rhoslyn has just picked up where made with Sidhe Art. It's old and faded but it's still there so feel free to hear the old and familiar jingling of slivery bells at the closeness of Sidhe power. If you don't want to that's fine as well :) Just thought that you might want to know that Rhoslyn now carries something made with a tiny portion of the Art.
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Topheh » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 pm

I will definitely do that.

Its going to mostly be a false alarm... Toph will lose his magic, but it won't actually affect his inherent *Sidhe-ness* as it were.
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Sikil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Sorry for the weak post. Gotta lot of stuff bumbling around in this noggin and trying to put it to words isn't going too well.

Thinking that the 'shadow' that Sikil saw was the Wraith, if Kaz is up for it. Not sure whether it'll reappear if so, will leave that up to you guys. As for the storyline, was thinking that this could be 'stop A'. Maybe we all find some 'trinkets', like Azreal's staff, the flowers, and some other odds and ends, but find out the tunnels are empty of life. We then go to 'stop B' which is somehow linked to the first and so on, until we find... I dunno, a floppy disk with the answers of the universe?
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Topheh » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh, I can just imagine.

"Sikil, what is this strange disk? Perhaps I shall channel magical energy through it."

*Magic is actually magnetic and erases the contents irrevoccably*

"Well, that was fruitless. Perhaps we should put it in this magic box?"

*its empty*

"What a waste of our time!"

*blasts to smithereens*

But yeah, I like that progression. I vote stop N is 'get out!'
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Sikil » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:52 pm

will wait another day for Rhos then we'll just continue. don't want to go too far ahead if she has something she wants to do.
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Rhoslyn » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Sorry been busy with real life the last couple of days, please go on without waiting for me. I'll try and post tomorrow evening but I'm travelling across country and back again tomorrow so I can't make any solid promises.
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Feel free to bring the wraith into the story, although I guess that as whatever entity is in the tunnels kept it out once, you'll probably not run into it until you get out of the tunnels. Probably a good thing as none of you have throw away characters down there, and as the wraith cant be killed yet, that wouldn't bode too well being trapped underground with one.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Rhoslyn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Sorry for the delay but I've finally posted :) I've left it with Rhoslyn peeking though a crack at the door as I wasn't sure if you guys were going to come down the same tunnel as her or not.
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Sikil » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:50 am

Sorry for not being around, had a funeral to attend to this weekend.

[edit]

Posted and that image that was just seen is kind of like an answering machine. Kinda think the reason it didn't go off with Rhos is that it was meant to go off when there was more then one person at the doorway, probably the rescue party that they hoped were coming.

[/edit]
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Topheh » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Just want to let people know that I'm traveling until sunday. I should still be able to post, but, if for some reason I'm not... please excuse my absence :)
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Rhoslyn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:54 am

Unfortunately I too will be away soon, I'm not going to be able to post on friday and saturday for definite, maybe on sunday evening depends how tired I am from travelling. Feel free to have my character move along with yours if you do anything, I'll pick up again as soon as I can :)
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Sikil » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:59 am

Time for Sikil to start becoming the optimist!

As for the city, have no general plan. Go nuts!
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Rhoslyn » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Feel free to ignore Rhoslyn's plan to get rid of the undead if you guys have a better idea, I'm not fussed, it was just the first thing that occured to me this evening!
Rhoslyn
Lost Soul

Postby Topheh » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Sorry for my somewhat absence... was at a conference that... was far more time-consuming than I had anticipated. I figured you didn't want my tipsy 2 AM ramblings...
Topheh
Traveler

Postby Sikil » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Sorry for the delay. Will have a post up in 24 hours. Sorry, been spending too much time scripting
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

PreviousNext

Return to Plotting The Story [OOC]