[OpenTribunal] Admin response to bounty feeding

Closed Tribunals will be moved to this forum. If you would like to reopen a closed Tribunal for redebate, please post a Tribunal Request.

Moderator: Staff

Admin response to attempts to influence scores using bounty feeders, - first offense - should be...

Do nothing
No votes
Reset current Scores for users kingdoms in game, no Warning
25%
Reset current Scores for users kingdoms in game, and Warning
75%
Reset current Scores for all users kingdoms, and Warning
No votes
Just a Warning
No votes
Insta-Ban
No votes

Total votes: 4

bigdaddy42
Newbling

[OpenTribunal] Admin response to bounty feeding

Post by bigdaddy42 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 am

Added Poll Options
Admin response to attempts to influence scores using bounty feeders, - first offense - should be...

Do nothing
Just a Warning
Insta-Ban

~ Kaz
bigdaddy42 wrote:stripping people off the score and Im one of them. I just got reported to kaz by KINGDOMNAME (NUMBER) because first I beat his score on the score Second, Mickal started coming after me after I became KING and I started smacking him down. So then he start crying to Kaz about me getting over him on the scrolls. And the way I got there. Well then Kaz took me off the score because I use one other kingdom to get my turns. Now I telling you bye first hand It took me a butt load of turns to get over KINGDOMNAME score, I mean a butt load. More than a person can get just by killing other feeder Nfeeder kingdoms or other kingdom trying to make it to the top. Yes I admit I had someone else let me feed off of them to get the turns. But I just found out that I could feed off another kingdom multi times to get turns. I be the first to admit the way I got to the top isnt the way everyone should do, but if Im going to be single out and going to be strip off the scrolls, They should look at KINGDOMNAME which double the scores over the next person. Because I know first hand bye beating his score of the butt load of turns i had to use to beat him. No one can kill enough kingdoms that comes up and get there turns to get that many turns. I my case I would thought Kaz would talk to me about it first before he took me off the scrolls. That would have been fair. I would like to know how KINGDOMNAME double everyone else, then single me out because KINGDOMNAME went too him. Then KINGDOMNAME (NUMBER) kills me after he complains to Kaz and Mickal got to keep the score after he kills me, and I got taken off the score board and Mickal got to keep my numbers after my death, where is the fairness in this?

bigdaddy42
Newbling

I just edit stipping the score, you must read again

Post by bigdaddy42 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I added why does Mickal get to keep my score after killing me, and makes his score higher If you take me off the score because of the way I got my score, Mickal shouldnt get to keep my numbers after killing me his numbers went up, because of me.

Gerien
Teacher

Re: I just edit stipping the score, you must read again

Post by Gerien » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Methinks the lady doth complain too much.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

bigSparky
Explorer

Post by bigSparky » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:07 pm

And methinks this not the appropriate forum.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

bigSparky
Explorer

Re: stripping people off the score

Post by bigSparky » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm

You would likely be better served to go through the appropriate channels for this.
Perhaps ask for a tribunal? This is the type of thing that we are traditionally NOT supposed to bring to the boards, and use PM to an admin instead.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 pm

And me thinks it's time to smoke a bowl

oh off topic
i know what you said about my Momma

Socrates
Newbling

Post by Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Wrong forum. Please take this kind of matters to PM next time.

~Socrates~
By all means marry. If you get a good wife you will become happy, and if you get a bad one you will become a philosopher.

Socrates
Newbling

Post by Socrates » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:42 pm

Wrong forum. Please take this kind of matters to PM next time.

~Socrates~
By all means marry. If you get a good wife you will become happy, and if you get a bad one you will become a philosopher.

Kaz
Administrator
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz

Post by Kaz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Ok, imoved this to tribunal, give you a chance to respond to me.

I did not take away your score because someone complained to me. Complaints just get me to check things out, not make my decisions. I made my decision to remove your score, instead of giving an official warning based on the fact that I do not wish to be banning people from a new site, and there was no way for me to establish what your score would have been. had you not been 'cheating'

But when you get a mate to come out of NPP repeatedly so that you can kill them easily for maximum bounty it does show up, very clearly.

Maybe you had not realised quite how many turns you had gained through this. I make it that you claimed 445247 turns from a single kingdom over the course of this age, that's over 10 years of turns in a normal game.

That take's the piss.

Your actions forced me to edit your score, none of them I could revert back to the levels that were at before you took the piss, because i dont back up every score change. We are at the end of the pre-alpha age, and i am sorry, but you dont get to finish top of the Hall of Fame, unless you play an honest game.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:45 am

We've spoken over PM, so I guess this thread is not needed.

I'll leave it open for a day or so, just in case anyone has any comments that they feel is relevent enough to keep this open.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science

Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Post by Mickal Redwater » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Just that you need to re-emphasize kingdom numbers in posts (and go back and look, its still in there (maybe edited back in?)

I have no problem with you beating my score... Nagash just did it(i blame myself cause i had a chance to kill him but read Kaz's post wrong and that the game was frozen already, but not yet) and i just congratulated him and am plotting my revenge.

The problem is exactly what Kaz said. Don't abuse the system, and it was really obvious, i'm sure i just saw it cause i was on to see you do it and was confused.

Thanks Kaz. And actually its good for people to find this stuff before V2! so think of other ways stuff liek this could happen (just report it, don't do it).

And still don't post kingdom Names/Numbers! I will admit it was me, but i did nothing malicious, i actually think i was pretty polite in my scribes too, i dont want you to quit, just look at the rules!

Can admin still remove the 50 times he mentions my kingdom name and not my character name :P Even using half a kingdom name is still annoying.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

Nagash
Master

Post by Nagash » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 am

Mickal Redwater wrote:I have no problem with you beating my score... Nagash just did it(i blame myself cause i had a chance to kill him but read Kaz's post wrong and that the game was frozen already, but not yet) and i just congratulated him and am plotting my revenge.

QFT. The bastard succeeded in equaling the score to the digit too. :P
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 am

May as well make an official Tribunal out of this thread.

I am putting up the following poll for Staff to vote on.

Do nothing
Just a Warning
Insta-Ban

Archangel
Community Admin

Re: [OpenTribunal] Admin response to bounty feeding

Post by Archangel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:26 am

Voted for "wipe in game w/ Warning". Not sure why we'd do it without a warning, wouldn't that be effectively wiping the persons score and then not telling them why?
Unyielding resolve has no conqueror

Nagash
Master

Re: [OpenTribunal] Admin response to bounty feeding

Post by Nagash » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Archangel wrote:Voted for "wipe in game w/ Warning". Not sure why we'd do it without a warning, wouldn't that be effectively wiping the persons score and then not telling them why?

Seconded. Couldn't vote anymore though. :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

Return to “Closed Tribunals”