Note : Buildings taken via war is lower than last age

~ Administrative Announcements and Updates

Moderators: Gili, Teanos, Kaz, Archangel

Note : Buildings taken via war is lower than last age

Postby Kaz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:00 pm

It's just been pointed out to me that the buildings being taken along with land in all games has drastically dropped from the High percentage it was last age (30%), to the Low percentage that it used to be many years ago back in the early days of Canon (8%).

The plan was to migrate to a Medium (19%) value in Guilds and Domination to test the change and see if we wanted to drop to Low (8%), but leave Conquest and Bloodbath at the high value (30%).

At the same time you're no longer taking temples as this was another config setting that I was playing with for this last update.

Basically I forgot to add the config options to the game tables, so that's why everything is at the low values. I've now corrected the tables, but don't know whether to make changes to the settings mid-age or not.

So.

Do we play the rest of the age out taking the old Low (8%) percentage of buildings with land, and not taking any temples?

Do we change some games and not others mid-age?

Do we change all games mid-age?

I'm not going to make any mid-age changes for any game type unless I get responses for a reasonable number in this thread.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Urgent sssue that I need a response on ASAP

Postby Jokingjoe » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:50 pm

I'm okay with using this a test phase. Use the age as a low age and prior to the next age, let's take a poll and see how the players would like to see it.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Re: Urgent issue that I need a response on ASAP

Postby Aeropagitica » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Generally, I am against changing the "rules" mid game. The obvious exception to this is a bug in the ruleset. If it was not your intent, then the bug should be corrected immediately.
VIVA NIR!
Aeropagitica
Explorer

Postby Nymphsong » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Kaz,

Keep it the way it is. We will adapt.

Change it, we will still adapt.

Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:58 pm

aero, it's not really a "bug". The system is working with a correct behaviour, just not the behaviour I said would be the case. The idea was to get to this level a little more gradually so it wasn't such a shock to the system. If we leave it as is, and the age works out ok I might well keep it this way.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Dauthi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:01 am

As a person who uses war the most I can tell you that this greatly effects my playing style. While I didn't know the reason I was dumbfounded by slow my growth has been this age, which has hindered my ability to actually play the game. So I'd like to see it changed back to what it was, or atleast changed to what it was suppose to be.
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby bundesbank » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:11 pm

my suggestion is to let it ride. i agree with joe - one way or the other, we'll know by the end of the age if we need to boost the % built captured back up. this is a good test phase.

[snip] Was that part really needed?? ~Kaz [/snip]
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

Re: Note : Buildings taken via war is lower than last age

Postby Kaz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 pm

As there doesn't seem to be a huge call from the majority to change it, I'm going to leave things as they are and we'll see how the age progresses. Somebody remind me to open a discussion when we get closer to reset regarding majority preference for this setting.
Kaz
Administrator

Return to Site and Game News