!! REAL RESET HAS HAPPENED !! Report Any Bugs ASAP !!

~ Administrative Announcements and Updates

Moderators: Gili, Teanos, Kaz, Archangel

!! REAL RESET HAS HAPPENED !! Report Any Bugs ASAP !!

Postby Kaz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:10 am

Just wanted to say that I have no reset the game for real. I'm pretty sure that we've resolved any 'game breaking' bugs, but there are still probably a few to be found.

Please let me know about any bugs that you find still

HoF will be available some time tomorrow.

Random races are:

Bloodbath: Elemental, Vampire
Domination: Centaur, Vampire
Guilds: Elemental, Droben

[edit] Original Post follows

As I still need to migrate the game to the new server, your automatic Thanksgiving holiday is approaching, and we're already a month and a half into the age, I am likely to reset the game during the Thanksgiving downtime.

The game is programmed to take war Offline on the 4th Thursday in November (00:00 GMT Thursday 28th November) and come back online after the following Sunday (00:00 GMT Monday 2nd December).

That seems like a good period to reset and give me a bit of time to test that things are working OK on the new server. The reset date 'might' slip, but it wont happen early. There won't be a new code roll-out, simply because I've been unable to risk doing much development while we're still on this server.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Reset Coming ASAP

Postby Kaz » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:17 pm

The reset still might end up happening this weekend, but it also might slip to early next week. I've been using the chance to do a bit of clean up on the databases, and implement a bit better security on the back-end. This is easier to do without constant access of people playing the games.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Kaz,

Any updates to this timeline?

Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Hopefully tomorrow or the next day, but in the end it all comes down to how many bits I need to fix to get things working. Parts of the site don't like being accessed without the full domain, which makes testing them a little trickier.
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Migration & Reset Tomorrow (Tuesday 9th)

Postby Kaz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Ok, I think the new server is ready to go.

I need the time to reset the game and add redirections to the old server, so won't now have the time tonight, but should be all set to migrate tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will update the news page on the old server (this one) with a link to a temporary IP based way of accessing the new server. At the same time I will lock down the access to the game on this old server, and close the boards.

If you are online at that time, the boards on the new server will also be closed, awaiting me taking a final copy of them. Once the boards database is moved, they will be opened up on the new server (which you'll be able to access via IP).

I will then change the DNS, which ought to be reasonably quick. You may well log right in to the new server and never have to make use of the temporary IP based access. Any 404 page not found error that you get when using the site via the IP route, need not be reported, and access via this route will be closed after a few days have passed.

Your kingdoms will ALL have full turns, and they will have been reverted back to how they looked during the Thanksgiving holiday downtime. War functions will be up, and I hope that between you, you try out all the different things you can do with your kingdom, from building to attacking, to sorcery, bounty claims, save build loads, restores, the lot.

There most likely will be errors, I need to know what they are asap.

After a few days, we'll start some new ages in the hope that any major bugs have been spotted and resolved.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Dauthi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm

As far as HOF will be go based off of tomorrow when you switch servers or back around thanks giving?
Dauthi
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:30 am

As mentioned when Reylan asked in the current Guilds war thread, the Hall of Fame has always been set to be based on when the reset actually takes place. The thanksgiving backup was simply a random backup that was taken for testing purposes. I theoretically 'could' base the HoF from that time, but that would invalidate all the play that has gone on over the last couple of weeks.

I'm prepared to consider using the thanksgiving reset as the hof, but only on a per game basis, and only if the majority of players in that game want the reset to be set at that time.
Kaz
Administrator

Re: !!! MIGRATION IN PROCESS !!!

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:07 pm

The migration is currently under way, DNS should be updated for most of you in the next hour or two.

The game has been reverted back to the state it was in during thanksgiving, which means that everyone has full turns. Please test things out and let me know about any errors. I will reset in a day or two, once we have established that things are working ok.

Those of you who created kingdoms AFTER the point we have reverted to will need to create new kingdoms. I appologise, but there was no way around this. Nymphsong, I 'did' copy over your new guild so that can be retrieved after you create a kingdom, I also copied over any accounts created after the fact.

I know I said I was prepared to discuss it, but the Hall of Fame will definitely be based on the state of play today when I reset, and will be available shortly. This is to ensure that the players who lost their kingdoms, at least get counted in the Hall of Fame.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Jokingjoe » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Yes, the killing has already started :D
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:37 pm

It's amazing how many silent notices and warnings the new version of PHP is complaining about in the background. Most of them don't have a major effect, they are usually PHP complaining that it's having to predict something, but the default guess is correct anyway.

But I've got to clean them all up in order for my PHP error log to be readable for future development errors and warnings. This will take ages, although wont effect our ability to reset in a day or two. Basically I just want to make sure that there are no fatal errors.

The script will certainly be cleaner when I'm done though, and I might even come across some interesting minor bugs where the 'guess' was wrong.
Kaz
Administrator

Re: !! Migration Complete !! Report Any Bugs ASAP !!

Postby Fireslash » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:53 pm

scrolls aren't updating ranks, it gives you the right spot but not the right number

war seemed to work fine as well as training
Fireslash
First Centurion

Postby Nymphsong » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Kaz,

As you indicated, because I built my realms during the reset, both were wiped and I had to restart from scratch. I got both kingdom numbers as previously selected. Building, Tithe, NPP, and retagging the guild all successful. And not to mention I was able to pin down my build strat...and I like it.

Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Ashin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Only bugged I see after attacking is when I look in the guild news under offense, it doesn't show any attack either of my kingdoms made.
Ashin
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Fireslash wrote:scrolls aren't updating ranks, it gives you the right spot but not the right number

war seemed to work fine as well as training

erm, what do you mean by right spot, wrong number?
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Ashin wrote:Only bugged I see after attacking is when I look in the guild news under offense, it doesn't show any attack either of my kingdoms made.

There is a 5 min delay before news shows up in the guild news tool. Is this still an issue after 5 mins?
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Fireslash » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm rank 2 and 3 in the game, but it stills says ranked 5 and 6 on the scrolls and on my kingdom home page. On the scrolls though I am in the 2nd and 3rd rank spots behind ashin,

1 Immortal (50003) Vampire King Town (59%) 94,228 2,240,843
5 Pink (50002) Sidhe Prince Town (57%) 90,994 2,051,328
6 Yellow (50001) Goblin Grand Duke Village (46%) 95,952 2,025,276
2 Midnight (50004) Dwarven Prince Town (61%) 81,485 1,905,767
4 Draupner (50009) Goblin Prince Town (66%) 75,657 1,634,465
3 Daemon (50010) Human Prince Town (66%) 72,181 1,631,345

~Fire
Fireslash
First Centurion

Postby Ashin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Kaz wrote:
Ashin wrote:Only bugged I see after attacking is when I look in the guild news under offense, it doesn't show any attack either of my kingdoms made.

There is a 5 min delay before news shows up in the guild news tool. Is this still an issue after 5 mins?

It has been 2 hours and the attacks I did haven't shown up on the offense guild news, I think Fire attacked too and his attacks aren't being shown either.
Last edited by Ashin on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashin
Lost Soul

Postby Ashin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Also when I go to 'The Den' under 'UB Scouts' and I try to view the Realm Scrolls of 4 hours ago I get the following error message:

SELECT _Time AS fTime FROM ub_realms WHERE realm_number='50003'
Unknown column '_Time' in 'field list'
Ashin
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Ok, I've made a tweak to the crob job, are the scrolls updating now? Sometimes the order will be out as the scrolls are live and rank titles update once every 5 mins. Easiest way to tell is if points are updating every 5 mins.

I also hopefully fixed the error in the den.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Ashin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Kaz wrote:I also hopefully fixed the error in the den.

I'm not getting the error anymore which is good, but also it isn't showing me the top 14 ranking kingdoms.
Ashin
Lost Soul

Next

Return to Site and Game News