!! REAL RESET HAS HAPPENED !! Report Any Bugs ASAP !!

~ Administrative Announcements and Updates

Moderators: Gili, Teanos, Kaz, Archangel

Re: !! REAL RESET HAS HAPPENED !! Report Any Bugs ASAP !!

Postby Jokingjoe » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:28 am

The only things I've noticed thus far a typo errors. There are a lot of lines where text which would use an apostrophe uses a front slash also.

I've also seen on some spell failures using Foul Light, it'll mis-name it "Shattering Calm".

Also, an older error, but again, more typo--alliance support losses do not post names correctly while reporting, they tend to list losses as the unit type of the attacker would be. Thus..I'm losing t3 Cherufes when I have offensive support set, but the Human kingdom I'm supporting suggests my losses as knights.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am

Nymphsong wrote:Is there supposed to be Sidhe realms popping up on guilds with the same name as the previous dead? Some sort of code test? Appreciate info

The portal used for logging into the games when we were at Evernight used to prevent you from creating a kingdom with the same name as another kingdom. If you were killed and chose to restart with a new number, or created in the wrong faith and had to delete, you were forced to pick a different kingdom name. We don't use that portal here.

When I built the portal for here, I initially forgot to build a check in to prevent re-using the kingdom names. However I realised that - as far as I could tell - it didn't really cause any issues. In the end, it's the kingdom number that's important to differentiate a kingdom not the name. I've thought about taking away the ability but as I don't see it as a necessity, can't see it as a priority. Feel free to open up a separate thread to discuss if you think that single-use kingdom names are important.

Jokingjoe wrote:The only things I've noticed thus far a typo errors. There are a lot of lines where text which would use an apostrophe uses a front slash also.

I know, this comes down to gradual improvement made over the years. Originally symbols like apostrophes and speechmarks were prefixed with a slash in order to prevent them causing code issues. This was resolved at one point, and I went through removing the slashes where I saw them.

I evidentially missed a handful of examples where the slash remains. Problem is that when people report the issue they always report it in a general fashion, rather than specifically pointing out the actual messages that need fixing. If you tell me which specific output messages have slashes in them I can remove them.

Jokingjoe wrote:I've also seen on some spell failures using Foul Light, it'll mis-name it "Shattering Calm".

I'll take a look into this, but like the previous note, is this just with the low offensive spell or does it also happen with the other spells that now have a drop down. Likewise, is it a specific failure message, or all failure messages?

Jokingjoe wrote:Also, an older error, but again, more typo--alliance support losses do not post names correctly while reporting, they tend to list losses as the unit type of the attacker would be. Thus..I'm losing t3 Cherufes when I have offensive support set, but the Human kingdom I'm supporting suggests my losses as knights.

This isn't a bug in the context of the game not working in the way it was 'intended' there isn't actually code in place to grab the troop names to report this information correctly. It's one of a number of things that point to the need to totally recode the way the war alliances system works at the code level. It's on the list.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Kaz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 am

I get the impression from the lack of major bugs posted, that the code-base actually seems to pretty much be ok post-migration.

Unless anything major comes up in the next few days I'll close this thread and leave the minor bug hunting to those of you who have requested development access.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sun_Ce » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:39 am

Hello

In the guilds game i have set crypt walkers in both kingdoms, the initial screen tells me they showed up, but when i look at the kingdom screen they are not there.

1 kingdom is elven and the other is human.

You have an ambush prepared, fog surrounds your kingdom for the next 24 hours, You have 5,310 Vampiric Rangers, and you have 1 sorcery shields active.
Sun_Ce
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:36 am

I'm confused, the quote you included is a summary of the effects on your kingdom and shows on the Kingdom screen.

"You have an ambush prepared (this means that you've set ambush on the war screen), fog surrounds your kingdom for the next 24 hours (this means you've cast fog), You have 5,310 Vampiric Rangers (this means you've summoned troops), and you have 1 sorcery shields active (this means you've cast the shield spell once).

The quote is telling you that the effects of 'Crypt Walkers' (which is a spell name used by all Barnabas kingdoms, regardless of race) is active. As an Elf, the 'Crypt Walkers' spell summons 'Vampiric Rangers'.

What exactly is the problem??
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Sun,

I know what your problem is, its because the new system is not like the old system where your summoned troops show up on your realm overview screen (hire 1 T1 train to elite and summon 10k more gives the appearance you had 10k elite t1 all along). They will not show. but trust me the summons are there. This also affects scouts like we saw back in the day where you really could not be sure if the player actually had the amount of T1 troops reflected in the scout.

Hope that makes sense?

Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Previous

Return to Site and Game News