All Games Have Reset (31st March 2013)

~ Administrative Announcements and Updates

Moderators: Gili, Teanos, Kaz, Archangel

All Games Have Reset (31st March 2013)

Postby Kaz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 am

I'll be resetting Guilds, Domination, Bloodbath and Conquest this weekend.

After the reset, all games will have the new layout that was introduced for Guilds.

With exception of Conquest, a new restore feature will be added to all the games. This restore feature will - to a certain extent - reduce the negative impact of being attacked, giving you the chance to restore your kingdom (with certain penalties of course).

This thread will describe the Restore feature in more detail.

As they are ally based games, we will also be testing out code in Guilds and Domination to try and reduce the number of kingdoms that are not in a Guild or Quad.

More information will follow after the reset has happened.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Reset in Progress (31st March 2013)

Postby Kaz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 pm

All games are in the process of being reset and upgraded to the newest version of the game code.

I have updated the changelog thread to show the new changes that have been implemented this age.

Hall of Fame has been created.

Currently the kingdom ranks in the Hall of Fame are ranking by Networth still. This will be resolved shortly, and you will be able to also view HoF ranks by land score. Medals and Achievements will also be added to reflect finishing as royalty based on Land Score (the existing achievements based on Networth will remain).

The Guild and Quad ranks will also be available in the Hall of Fame soon. I needed existing HoF data to write the scripts to show them. I'll also add a few Medals and Achievements for Guilds and Quads. These will be applied retrospectively for previous ages of Domination.

Conquest2 #9
Bloodbath #7
Domination2 #10
Guilds #1

This age, the random races will be as follows:

Domination2: Dwarven, Droben
Bloodbath: Sidhe, Fae
Guilds: Vampire, Dwarven
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Kaz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Other configuration changes this age include :

'Preserve BRT' turned off in all games. Recent discussion has suggested that you'd rather not end up with less BRT buildings destoryed, so I've turned the feature to preserve them off.

'Enforce Guild or Quad' has been turned on in Domination and Guilds. This is a new feature to try and promote guilded or quaded play in those games designed for that purpose. You will be unable to declare war unless you are in a guild or quad. You will also be unable to declare war on any player that's not in a guild or quad.

Exceptions to this declare block will be in situations where the target has recently attacked you or an ally. The alliance can be made after the attack has occurred. Attacking an ally also allows for the normal downhit declaration preventions to be avoided.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Kaz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:26 pm

All games should be up and running.

Hopefully I've not forgotten to do something important. Post a bug asap if you spot something that's not working right.
Kaz
Administrator

Re: All Games Have Reset (31st March 2013)

Postby Darnivan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:15 pm

Is the tithe cap still not working?
Darnivan
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:54 pm

The tithe cap works the same way it's always worked. It's not a cap in the true context. As you tithe it gradually reduces to the point where it stops being worthwhile.

However, once you reach 1,000,000 income it becomes worthwhile again. The 'tithe reset' has traditionally been 'elite' knowledge that's been in the game for as long as I can remember. Although the restore feature means that it will become more well known. Although this post will do that too lol.

It's not actually broken.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Darnivan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Ah, people in BaN said it was broken when I told them how never ran into any cap tithing my way for most of my land all the way to 100k acres. Seemed like how it always worked to me though.
Darnivan
Traveler

Postby Jokingjoe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:57 am

Perhaps the tithe cap could be explained a little better. In the Dom games, tithing once you have 60k acres is next to worthless (max tithe yields like 53 acres). I wasn't sure if that was more what the tithe cap meant.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 am

Joe, that is what the 'tithe cap' refers to.

However, when you get to 1,000,000 income you can add an additional number to your offer. This creates a larger number to plug into the equation at the start, and has a side effect of dramatically increasing the output from a tithe.

Essentially that 53 acres is temporary. It increases enough to make tithe worthwhile again, after you hit the point where you can tithe an extra number (1 million income).
Kaz
Administrator

Return to Site and Game News