Major Changes to the Stories of Tonan area

~ Administrative Announcements and Updates

Moderators: Gili, Teanos, Kaz, Archangel

Major Changes to the Stories of Tonan area

Postby Kaz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 pm

You may have noticed that over the last few days, I have been making some major changes to the Stories of Tonan area.

Basically, I am trying to set up a stand-along play-by-post roleplay world that is connected, but independent of Monarchy itself. To do that, these boards need to be attractive to roleplayers and they need to function as more than just 'Monarchy boards with some added RP forums'.

I've wondered why we've not really been gaining 'new' roleplayers, and after having had the boards reviewed by a third party with no knowledge of the game world, have learned that our boards are highly confusing, and very uninviting for a roleplayer to come and settle in.

To that end, I have made (and will continue to make) major changes to improve the Stories of Tonan sub-forums.

These changes include:
  • A complete set of roleplay rules added to the rules thread
  • An advert that sets the scene from a roleplay perspective (independent of the huge God-based history)
  • A larger selection of IC forums, divided by geographical location
    --- The Empire
    ------ The Disputed Kingdoms (also linked from the new Guilds forum as a war thread location)
    --- Istan
    --- The Free Cities
    --- Beyond the Eastern Mountains
    ------ The Desert of Decay
    ------ Return to Tismad (also linked from the new Guilds forum as an adventure location)
    ------ The Magical Island of Maxim
    ------ The Lost Island of Mo-Pri
  • Maps for each of the regions - in progress
  • City threads to act as quest starting locations (prior to splitting into a dedicated RP thread) - in progress
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Return to Site and Game News