Bugs Thread.

~ OOC forum for the Conquest (Solo) version of the Massacre game, and the Bloodbath (high turnrate) version of the Classic game.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Re: Bugs Thread.

Postby Kaz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:19 pm

Nether wrote:just got this on the score screen

Error Obtaining Score Information
SELECT (points / (deaths + 1)) AS avgpoints, number, kingdom, leader, FROM ranking WHERE npc='0' ORDER BY avgpoints DESC LIMIT 20
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM ranking WHERE npc='0' ORDER BY avgpoints DESC LIMIT 20' at line 1

Archangel wrote:Refresh, should be fixed. Kaz is taking the NPC's off the scoreboard.

Where did that comma come from lol.. odd

As Arch said, should be fixed.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Kaz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Mickal Redwater wrote:May be an issue with the Declared War Downhit function....

So Nether was coming to get me (thanks again ot the 2mil no forted kingdom) and he tried to scout once.. failed.. i hit him 3 times and then was waiting.

At the point where we started he had 80% my land.. so i shouldnt be able to declare war... i hit thrice, making that number even less, but i was allowed to declare war :P

I wasn't sure why... when i looked at my main page he had tried hitting me.. but this was AFTER i declared.

Basically i could down declare on him just because he failed a scout (no war or GR hits)

I've looked over the code, it is a simple addition. If he has less land and less networth, the only possible way you can declare is if you were listed in one of his war slots, which are automatically cleared during the death process. I have checked to make sure that a hung scout doesnt add to the attack slots.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Mickal Redwater » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Weird ;)

i'll have to test it out later another time.

Maybe he did hit me before i tried to declare war :P

I know i hit him 3 times first... then tried to declare war and it let me :P

He hit me what seems like after i declared war, but must have been before!

If it happens again i'll pay more attention and document times and such.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Postby Mickal Redwater » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Ambushes on NPCs are invincible.

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a suggestion so let me know.

But doesnt matter what offense you have or what defense they have... you lose no matter what.

I hit with a massive army... lets just say over 1mil troops
the NPC had 50 green forts and an ambush, nothing else.

I lost 1/3 of my offensive troops in a massacres.

This does not seem to be right.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Postby Imo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:10 am

clicking on the Banner button (not the scroll over one), after clicking command tent produces

Code: Select all
Warning: include(mascr/mascr_banner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/monarchygame.com/public/playmon/canon.php on line 58

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'mascr/mascr_banner.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/var/www/monarchygame.com/gamelibs:/var/www/monarchygame.com/public/playmon:/var/www/monarchygame.com/gamelibs/can1:/var/www/monarchygame.com/includes') in /var/www/monarchygame.com/public/playmon/canon.php on line 58
The enemy of the enemy is my friend.
Imo
Wayfarer

Postby Zeblamar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Was attacked and it shows my kingdom sitting at 250 acres of land. Asked Mickal to finish me instead of leaving me sit there. He said he did kill me and it even gave him turns for it. Yet some how my kingdom is still alive.

(edit) will not do any thing until you look at it
(edit2) he hit me again and this time it killed me
Relentless as the sea, remorseless as death!
Zeblamar
Wayfarer

Postby Kaz » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:56 pm

I think that if you are logged in when you are killed, and perform certain actions when you return to your session not realising your dead in the database, you'll somehow survive by overwriting the death. Not entirley sure which action(s) on which screen(s) do it.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Mickal Redwater » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

This was pointed out for a different race.. maybe just a word problem on my end:

"15 of our peasants and 58 Longbeards were murdered last night. The people are talking bad about you, they no longer feel safe. 203 Stonefoots, 0 Ironfists, 0 Basilisks, 553 Longbeards left in the night."

I assume longbeards in this case means Firebeards? Otherwise Firebeards are safe from scum hits?
FEL forever
Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm pretty sure its just a typo and should read

"15 of our peasants and 58 Longbeards were murdered last night. The people are talking bad about you, they no longer feel safe. 203 Stonefoots, 0 Ironfists, 0 Basilisks, 553 Firebeards left in the night."
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Archangel » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Mickal Redwater wrote:This was pointed out for a different race.. maybe just a word problem on my end:

"15 of our peasants and 58 Longbeards were murdered last night. The people are talking bad about you, they no longer feel safe. 203 Stonefoots, 0 Ironfists, 0 Basilisks, 553 Longbeards left in the night."

I assume longbeards in this case means Firebeards? Otherwise Firebeards are safe from scum hits?

Fixed it, it should display appropriately now (and yes, it should have been as Kaz noted)
Unyielding resolve has no conqueror
Archangel
Community Admin

Postby Mickal Redwater » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Ok good thanks! that gives me a good idea of how many troops i still had left when i died (a lot) so i guess scumming down massive deffenses isnt really as effective as i worried.
FEL forever
Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Postby MoP » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:58 am

When you try to scum someone, you get the message "Your people are threatening to rebel over your warmongering.". I suppose this happens when you are seen. You don't lose turns, but you do lose scum.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Postby Shredman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:49 pm

uhhhhhhhh , i started up a save build yesterday, it froze, then when i logged in i had -450 turns :shock:

tried to restart the dom, but said i couldnt restart my restart within 48 hrs of attacks.

logged in today hoping someone would have scum killed me, and was at 0 turns not -450 anymore
Warlord Death in Effect
Shredman
Explorer

Postby Archangel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:03 pm

Shredman wrote:uhhhhhhhh , i started up a save build yesterday, it froze, then when i logged in i had -450 turns :shock:

tried to restart the dom, but said i couldnt restart my restart within 48 hrs of attacks.

logged in today hoping someone would have scum killed me, and was at 0 turns not -450 anymore

Fixed your turns.

For future reference, reporting the bugs when they happen, not the next day hoping they fixed themselves, is the better way of doing things. ;)
Archangel
Community Admin

Postby Archangel » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:55 pm

MoP wrote:When you try to scum someone, you get the message "Your people are threatening to rebel over your warmongering.". I suppose this happens when you are seen. You don't lose turns, but you do lose scum.

I'm working on pinning this problem down. I was able to replicate it, and I think I've got a bead on what's going on.
Archangel
Community Admin

Postby Gaborn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Ummm... so, I was a long time player of Canon who walked away from the game a couple years back. I logged in and it seemed responsive. I created a kingdom, again no hiccup with the system "fight for the honor of Barnabas" and all that... and the next screen, which SHOULD have taken me to my new kingdom or a log on screen to go to my kingdom... didn't work. It said I "didn't enter a valid username." so then I decided to test a couple different things, first I tried changing the username and password to gibberish, it stopped me right away (just in case the bug was that all kingdom creation was allowed but only when the kingdom was created was the account recognized as invalid). well, then I tried changing my password (simultaneously updating my email account in the process). Didn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything, oh, I also tried clicking on the "games list" screen, and it didn't even recognize I had created a kingdom. I'm using Google Chrome now so I figured it might be a browser issue - nope, I tried it again in firefox and same deal.
Gaborn
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 am

Gaborn,

Welcome back. Sorry that you ended up having a few issues. The problem was with one of the common files, I had made a slight change in order to get the v1 code running on the new portal.

I'm not entirely sure why it only broke the account creation rather than everything though. Either way, it should be ok now.
Kaz
Administrator

i got hit when i was under NPP

Postby owly » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Shred hit me and took some land when i was under NPP......
i know what you said about my Momma
owly
Sage

Re: i got hit when i was under NPP

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:38 pm

In which game?
Kaz
Administrator

Re: i got hit when i was under NPP

Postby owly » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm

in Conquest the only game i play the other game has too many realms to look after and i don't have the time to do so.....
i know what you said about my Momma
owly
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to Conquest & Bloodbath