Can't declare on kingdom??

~ OOC forum for the Conquest (Solo) version of the Massacre game, and the Bloodbath (high turnrate) version of the Classic game.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Can't declare on kingdom??

Postby Amb » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 am

Ok.. why can't I declare war on a kingdom that has a nw of 75k more than me, and is ranked two spaces higher on the scrolls because "Wars such as that would seem cowardly my Grand Duchess."????

I am confused lol (which isn't hard to do sometimes :P)
~*If you're going to walk on thin ice, why not DANCE*~

TGH - Always in my Heart
Amb
Wayfarer

Re: Can't declare on kingdom??

Postby MoP » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:06 am

It's based on land, I think.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Postby DeviusZwei » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:37 pm

yes it is based on land. i have had that message, downsized a considerable amount of land, then been able to declare 30 seconds later. i have tested this many many times in the massacre game and it is most definitely based on land.
GM Eaters of the Dead

Illuminati
DeviusZwei
Wayfarer

Postby Kaz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:48 am

This has been posted in a few places, but to confirm what has been said. The ability to declare is based on land as it's a much fairer comparison that networth.

Using networth means you can just downsize all troops, declare and then refort which defeats the point, or you can leave yourself poorly forted, but out of attackable range from your competitors due to the difference in networth.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Amb » Thu May 06, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks :) like I said, I'm easy to confuse at times and probably had read that and just didn't recall lol

On a side note, am I the only one that has been getting a "the game is resetting" when trying to log in for the past like 4 or 5 days??

TGH - Always in my Heart
Amb
Wayfarer

Postby Kaz » Thu May 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Amb wrote:On a side note, am I the only one that has been getting a "the game is resetting" when trying to log in for the past like 4 or 5 days??

Looks like it auto reset on the 1st of May.

Will get the game back up shortly.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Amb » Thu May 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Thanks Kaz!! I've been bored and had nothing to do cuz I couldn't play ;) lmao

TGH - Always in my Heart
Amb
Wayfarer

Postby Kaz » Thu May 06, 2010 6:17 pm

we say this every reset lol

but i'll say it again.... let us know when it resets :)

none of us actively play conquest so dont see the reset happen. it's easy to forget when the autoreset date is, its been set for two months again like last time
Kaz
Administrator

Postby DeviusZwei » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:06 pm

The game auto-reset again I suppose... Just letting you know Kaz, as per your previous post above mine. ;)
GM Eaters of the Dead

Illuminati
DeviusZwei
Wayfarer

Postby Kaz » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Cheers, game should be up again
Kaz
Administrator

Postby DeviusZwei » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:35 am

still having a bit of an issue... i sent you a PM about it Kaz. not sure if its a bug or my own fault.
GM Eaters of the Dead

Illuminati
DeviusZwei
Wayfarer

Postby Kaz » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:51 am

No, it's my bad, I didnt change one of the variables. I set the next reset date and reset all the kingdoms etc, but forgot to set the active status back to 1
Kaz
Administrator

Postby DeviusZwei » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:59 am

well you could have blamed it on me and i wouldn't have minded even if you did forget something lol... but thanks for the quick fix / response! awesome!
GM Eaters of the Dead

Illuminati
DeviusZwei
Wayfarer

Postby Shredman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 pm

wheres the NPC doms ? only 7 live doms and only 4 of those have played a turn.... need more players, facebook/myspace app should take care of that problem, but as is, its a problem
Warlord Death in Effect
Shredman
Explorer

Postby DeviusZwei » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:06 pm

a quick PM and the NPC domes are up... hurray!

as for the facebook app... yes i think it would bring a GREAT number of new players to our community, and is probably the best and most likely effective idea for recruitment that has been around this community in years... it excites me (the possibilities) to the point that i am actually doing some research of my own to find out exactly what it would take to get an app of such nature up and running... I'm no Kaz, but I can make a website in a notepad and thanks to "reverse coding," I have learned quite a bit of other oddities along the way...

however, until such an app exists, or I have more time on my own hands to look into it further, this is what I am doing to try to help the playerbase and recruitment for this community:

I am posting an update on facebook, once a day at least, with simply monarchygame.com as the status, which automatically fishes up a nice thumbnail (choice of 3 diff ones) and short summary of the game for the status update itself... I am also looking into making a group or some sort of fanpage. However, an official group or fanpage is obviously something I would have to run by admin first, so in the meantime, I am simply making facebook updates to my few hundred "friends" online, about the game, short and sweet... Hoping some of my fellow MafiaWars players will come over and check out a similar, yet much more rewarding (i think) gaming experience. Monarchy :)

Perhaps if we all did this, at least every once in a while, we could draw some of those farmville, mafiawars, etc, players, to our own game here? Just a thought while the other areas are worked on/looked into.

EDIT - I degress... You must actually type in http://monarchygame.com/index.php (or copy it from your navbar when logged in, or at the main screen) on your facebook status to get the little thumbnail and summary of the game to show up... monarchygame.com by itself does nothing.... sorry for the confusion. if you do this, please use: http://monarchygame.com/index.php
GM Eaters of the Dead

Illuminati
DeviusZwei
Wayfarer

Postby Kaz » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Kaz
Administrator

Return to Conquest & Bloodbath