An idea for the game

~ OOC forum for the Conquest (Solo) version of the Massacre game, and the Bloodbath (high turnrate) version of the Classic game.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

An idea for the game

Postby Kaz » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm

I know I said that I was not looking to do anything other than tweak and bug fix. But I thought of an upgrade that would not actually be that hard to impliment.

However, it would drastically change an element of the game.

Over the last few years I gradually upgraded the code so that the racial bonuses in war, scum, sorcery etc were pulled out of a database.

There is no real reason why we could not play with that existing feature to add a new element.

You leader, could - for turns and cash - have a training screen where they can modify those same bonuses through training their leader.

[edit]
Oh yeah, please dont use this thread for other suggestions
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: An idea for the game

Postby Archangel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:31 pm

I'm a big fan of adding additional customization abilities to games. This particular change, while I think it will cause you untold headaches to balance, sounds great. I don't think it would often be used to make "balanced" kingdoms, so much as one more heavily balanced towards an aspect, but that doesn't seem to be too big of an issue.

My gut instinct says that as your leader gains in one area, they should have penalties to another. For example, if training gave +10% to scum, it should give -5% to war. (numbers arbitrary to illustrate the point, the actual ratios would be part of the balancing act). This would essentially allow people to specialize further into what they enjoy doing, but at the cost of other aspects, so you don't end up with an all-in-wonder kingdom.

Just my two pennies.
Unyielding resolve has no conqueror
Archangel
Community Admin

Postby Nagash » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 am

I like it. Having a good leader/general always helps an army, so it makes sense too :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Nagash
Master

Postby Imo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:18 pm

i like it, it could last a period of time, or bonuses get degraded over a period of time, say day 1 its +5% scum, then day 2 it goes to +4% etc till day 4 it goes to +1% then we will have to train them again to get the bonuses back
The enemy of the enemy is my friend.
Imo
Wayfarer

Postby Nagash » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Better that the leader can get killed or something. The only reason I can think of which would cause a leader to forget what he was trained to do ample time ago is Korsakov's or Alzheimer's.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Nagash
Master

Postby Kaz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:45 pm

I was thinking that the best way to do this would be to start each age with all leaders at 0 in all 'skills'.

Each day of play, you can make one change, adding 1 to one skill, and removing 1 from another.

At the end of each instance, a selection of players will get a point that they can either use as a perminent skill increase for their leader, or use to pick a race that is not available for 1 instance.

The points could be issued like medals, for a top 5 finish, top 5 kills etc etc
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nagash » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

I like it :)

But instead of rank-relation, amounts of killed troops/won battles or something might work better? Otherwise the good players would gain even more of an edge :)
Nagash
Master

Postby Kaz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:25 pm

There are a lot of possible ranking objects that we can use. Doesn't have to just be the top 5 kingdoms. Massacre had Kills, Deaths, Kill Death Ratio, Points, Max Networth etc etc, Unity had Honour ranks etc.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm

I like it.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Postby Nagash » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:18 am

Kaz wrote:There are a lot of possible ranking objects that we can use. Doesn't have to just be the top 5 kingdoms. Massacre had Kills, Deaths, Kill Death Ratio, Points, Max Networth etc etc, Unity had Honour ranks etc.

If it's not too much of a coding hell, I'd like the randomisation of the criteria for the 'medals'.
Nagash
Master

Re: [NoSpam] An idea for the game

Postby Gili » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:45 am

Would certainly be nice to have some kinda of game medals on display with our forum profiles/posts
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com
Gili
Community Admin

Postby Warf » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:48 pm

I had an idea for the scrolls. How about some type of asterik or such by the players in NPP. It would save tons of time when looking to initiate a little action with someone.

:)
Goblinz Goblinz Goblinz
Dyshies oldest brainwashed groupie gangbanger :)
Always ISA
We bring death and destruction!! [
Warf
Newbling

Postby Gerien » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Aren't NPP players italicized already?
And I never even got my own damn posting title!
Gerien
Teacher

Postby Warf » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:21 pm

You know I never even realized that.
Goblinz Goblinz Goblinz
Dyshies oldest brainwashed groupie gangbanger :)
Always ISA
We bring death and destruction!! [
Warf
Newbling

Postby Venus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:10 pm

lol:P
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>
Venus
Teacher

Postby MoP » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Now that's some ISA propaganda :lol:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Return to Conquest & Bloodbath