The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

~ OOC forum for the Conquest (Solo) version of the Massacre game, and the Bloodbath (high turnrate) version of the Classic game.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Re: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Postby Nagash » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:46 pm

Kaz wrote:Infact, as posted in the Game Changes thread:

You will no longer take or destroy forts when performing a controlled strike, unless you are an Elemental.

They will - as before - still count in the defensive total of your target, however.

Ah, the Elementals are going to be the bane of forts once again?
I love it! :twisted: :D
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Nagash
Master

Postby Shredman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:25 pm

Archangel wrote:
Inefficient does not meant worthless. And while I'll certainly examine the numbers and run some tests, let's flip your statement around. You make the assertion that a 5 mill NW kingdom should be able to break a 10 mill NW kingdom, but it's broken because while you can mob it down, you can't GR it down. Perhaps instead the truth is that a 5 million NW kingdom shouldn't be able to take down a (well fortified) 10 mill NW kingdom?

well here i can see where the graid could be abused with so many turns, but in a guild game, with limited turns, basicaly if these codes remain, you wont have the stubborn gms like me , who wont accept peace, its use to be slow, and was kinda painfull lol, but you could take down 80k acre domes with 6k acre doms , with this tactic .... that was what made the guilds go hummmmmm , do i really want to declare on this guild in a blood war, knowing that even if you slaughter this guild they will restart and take out your Big Boys 1 at a time, there is nothing quite like , a war chat , when you have good guys showing and devastating a 80k+ acre dom with restarts , may take every turn your whole guild has just to get them ready for scum ops, but there was hope and it could be done , i have fought many many hopeless guild wars here over the past 11 yrs , some of the best times and war chats we had here were in these hopeless battles, because of the Graid we were able to say hell no, these are OUR Peace terms lol....

big fun , and its an art.... you have to have some good guys to pull it off , even then....

i was just a good tactic in guild, here ...yea i see no need, but a guild game... you may want to take a look at a small tweek in scum D vs the Graid...

i am sure you guys will look at whats what, you all know how it was when we had alot of members, and its a bridge we will have to cross again, i am telling ya, i think we will get 100s of new guys within the first week these apps hit facebook and myspace , if i am understanding right, thats when we will have a guilds type slower game .....
Warlord Death in Effect
Shredman
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:37 pm

I've already thought of a change for scum strengths. I'm just waiting on an answer about the cost of scum troops.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Shredman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Kaz wrote:I've already thought of a change for scum strengths. I'm just waiting on an answer about the cost of scum troops.

i dont know how hard it would be, may not even be an option

but maybe it could very according to what race they were, strength too... whats your best scummers here Centaur ????

that may open up a whole new box of worms tho as far as there other strength/weakness as a race , basicaly it would be harder to Graid our best scum races centaur vampire whatever it is ....

same with prices of scum , go by race

our scummers would love that, but then it might make our scummers stand out like sore thumbs too lol.... so maybe they wouldnt considering scummers usealy fall in the first minutes of guild battle
Warlord Death in Effect
Shredman
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:15 am

That's how scum currently works. Price and strength are based on the races scum score.

However, all scum troops are defensivly orientated. Better scum races having better defense.

I intend to base scum GR on the races offensive score.

1 sidhe
2 elf
3 hum vamp centaur
4 gob elem dwarv
5 drob

Level 3 offense will create a scum troop that is value for money score of 15/15 in attack and defense. Lvl 2 attack will reduce the attack VFM to 12.5 (by default improving defensive VFM to 17.5). Lvl 1 10/20, Lvl 4 17.5/12.5 and lvl5 20/10.

The price question is based around the fact that scum currently cost anywhere from 1500 to 2400 based on race. Scum used to average at 1200 gold.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Mickal Redwater » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:34 pm

I now feel like i steal a lot more building.

But i don't steal temples?

Like none at all stolen... is this how its going to be? or just hasnt been implemented yet?
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Postby MoP » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 pm

Give him a finger and he wants your entire arm! The greed! :shock:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Postby Archangel » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Are you sure it's literally 0 temples?

Temples are the lowest % of buildings taken, as it wouldn't make much sense to take a ton of them, so while some of the building types should be very noticeable, temples don't jump out quite as much.

I'll look into it in either case.
Unyielding resolve has no conqueror
Archangel
Community Admin

Postby Archangel » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Scratch the above.

Problem found and fixed. It's funny that you felt like you were taking so many of the other buildings though, since those values accidentally got reversed to pre-change status. :P
Archangel
Community Admin

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Ok,

We are now almost ready to take things over to the new portal.

This pre-alpha test age will soon be at an end.

Any last things you want to suggest, before we start a new age?
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Mickal Redwater » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Seems great :) i like the changes. THe new BR changes a lot (in a good way i think).

Sadly i'll be pretty busy the next month but i'll find some time to play V2 and look forward to it.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Postby Nagash » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:31 am

Kaz wrote:Ok,

We'll make those up as we go. :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Nagash
Master

Postby Archangel » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Nagash wrote:
Kaz wrote:Ok,

We'll make those up as we go. :)

While I'm sure this was just in jest, keep in mind that the longer folks wait to toss out prospective changes, the longer it will take us to implement, because once we're in a "real" Age, we're going to be lot more hesitant to make changes to the active game code. Right now it isn't a big deal, cause this Age is largely being used to work out the bugs, tweak things, and the like.

So while changes will always be considered and may be queued to implement, after this Age it's unlikely that good responses will get "same day" implementation.
Archangel
Community Admin

Postby Nagash » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:54 am

It was in jest, mate. I think it's all cool what you guys did and am eager to try it out for an age. :)
Nagash
Master

Postby MoP » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:22 am

There should be a button 'kill Venus', that does exactly what it says.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
MoP
Savant

Postby Nagash » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:50 am

! @ ! @ ! OMG ! @ ! @ !

i didnt even start playing massacre yet and your stil pikking on me!!!!!!!!!@!!!!!

:P
Nagash
Master

Previous

Return to Conquest & Bloodbath