So Mickal is reaching for the top

~ OOC forum for the Conquest (Solo) version of the Massacre game, and the Bloodbath (high turnrate) version of the Classic game.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

So Mickal is reaching for the top

Post by Jokingjoe » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 pm

I see you broke your teeth on my defenses, but stealing so much money hurt my ability to riposte. All in all, with two kingdoms and your combined turns, you'll probably come out ahead in the long run.

Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Re: So Mickal is reaching for the top

Post by Jokingjoe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:36 am

I suppose with 6 and 8 brt kingdoms, a little heavy burning action was enough to slow you down.

Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Post by Mickal Redwater » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 pm

That and the fact that i was at a wedding all weekend ;)
Oh and forts are basically invincible at your size, makes uphitting nonexistent, i gotta build more of them.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

Kaz
Administrator
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz

Post by Kaz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Mickal Redwater wrote:forts are basically invincible at your size
Is that the first 'bug report' advising that the improvements in forts are too much? Or more a personal realisation that pre-burn and pre-sorc have finally become important again, and you need to start thinking in an 'older' way about tactics?

Another question that's important is confirming which game you're referring to. Conquest or Bloodbath? Conquest has new stronger fort values, whereas Bloodbath has not been reset since they changed, and only has the fixes to summons with forts at previous strength.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Post by Mickal Redwater » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:32 pm

This is bloodbath, and i think this is an isolated incident, he has built a fricking ton of forts, and with no droben, i can't find a way to break his 1 kingdom with my 2.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:37 pm

If you're talking Bloodbath then maybe the forts will turn out to be too strong. Next age they'll be almost twice as strong as they currently are (unless I undo the fort changes across the games).
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science

Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Post by Jokingjoe » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:30 pm

The game dynamic has definately changed with the fort increases. Most of the NPCs in the Quad aren't worth hitting. By the time you're strong enough to take one down, you're too big to declare on them.

It was a shame to lose such a nice big and built kingdom to scum attacks. Ah well, I had hoped that burning you and hitting you down a bit would reduce your ability to have the money to sustain large scum ops. I guess I was too optimistic.

Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Post by Jokingjoe » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:34 pm

So, I just got my early Christmas present...my crown back from Mickal. :D

Mickal Redwater
Explorer

Post by Mickal Redwater » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:40 am

Congrats, i knew you would.. being an honorable player i could do nothing but wait.

However i am taking this time to officially retire from the game. Maybe if there is more players later i'll come back, but just not enjoying it anymore. I'll stick around the forums, no worries. I've already stopped playing Domination for a few months now. Its been a long time, me playing this game, it saddens me, and hopefully that saddeness will bring me back later.
FEL forever

Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Post by Jokingjoe » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:47 am

I hear ya. We'll leave the light on for you.

stainless
Traveler

Post by stainless » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:32 am

I know this thread isn't about forts,,, but that being said I would like to take this opportunity to say forts are WAY strong enough now. no need to increase next age. even using 150 odd turns destroying no more than 600 forts, only leaving 200-220 I still couldn't break through with 9k elite T1.

it might just be me and the fact I'm workin on the small end of the scale ATM. only been playing again for a week after a 4-5 year break. I may have just lost touch. and don't get me wrong. I'm all for sorc being a nessesary part of pre 'war' tactics and forts being of strong and significant defensive value, but maybe if you were to make them stronger, you cou maybe have a look at the sorc vs forts destroyed ratio when attacking. sorry if I make no sense. I'm not great at expressing my opinions
WARRIOR of LETO
LIBERATE
Quad

Its not the size of the man that matters, its the size of the fight in the man the counts!

Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Post by Jokingjoe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Forts are nice, yes. Very expensive to maintain at lvl5, also.

Kaz
Administrator

Post by Kaz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Forts were increased to the Domination and Conquest levels in Bloodbath when the reset happened as planned.

Nobody requested that they change back in Domination or Conquest, so I can only assume that the new levels are still beatable.

I wont be changing things mid-age, too many people moan when I do that

Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Post by Jokingjoe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Return to “Conquest & Bloodbath”