protips on how to build

~ This forum contains all topics that the New Player's Area Club has flagged as containing essential information for any player wishing to learn the fundamentals of being the best possible player of Monarchy. Any thread in this forum contains information that goes above and beyond the normal 'helpful' response.

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Re: protips on how to build

Postby bundesbank » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:15 pm

yeah... i have no idea what you do with 15k mines and 1.3k rax.

i generally aim to have 18 brt when my build levels off, at sizes that are sub-20k or sub-25k, so i like your build. that's pretty much where i'd go, too. in bloodbath i might aim for 40% mines just because of how many turns you get per turnset, but in other games 40% mines has too much potential to put you in a bad position, tactically and strategically. the versatility of being able to war and sorc is just too good to pass up.
ich bin die bankier
NPAC
bundesbank
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

Postby dirtyrat » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:33 pm

Perhaps Kaz should make it a little easier on everyone and code in percentage rates on where your land is going.

For example on build page;

Underwoods
1401 (8% of your land)
dirtyrat
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 am

dirtyrat wrote:Perhaps Kaz should make it a little easier on everyone and code in percentage rates on where your land is going.

Underwoods
1401 (8% of your land)

hmm, that's not a bad suggestion. Not sure how it'll work with the current layout as I don't want to swamp the player with too much info. But I'll think about how be to implement it, it's certainly something that would be worth having.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby dirtyrat » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Kaz wrote:
dirtyrat wrote:Perhaps Kaz should make it a little easier on everyone and code in percentage rates on where your land is going.

Underwoods
1401 (8% of your land)

hmm, that's not a bad suggestion. Not sure how it'll work with the current layout as I don't want to swamp the player with too much info. But I'll think about how be to implement it, it's certainly something that would be worth having.

Lol sorry to submit this but you're ASSUMING that the new current layout hasn't already completely confused the new players. :mrgreen:
dirtyrat
Lost Soul

Postby Kaz » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:31 pm

There's nothing 'new' about the township layout that'd cause confusion that wasn't there back in 1997. Buildings have always had different names for each race, it's a core feature that goes back to the very birth of Monarchy.

The little text descriptions saying what each building does, and the building icons that remain the same regardless of race are the only new features of the township screen.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Previous

Return to NPAC Elite