Alliance Assistance Levels

~ The place to come for help or advice relating to Monarchy

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Alliance Assistance Levels

Postby Nymphsong » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Kaz,

I have a question that perhaps you can help answer for me concerning realms allied to one another. If I have troops set to Army, Supplement or Patrols Support for offense/defense what percentage does each of those actually mean? Or is there some other system based on troops available, etc. Have always been curious on this and I cannot seem to find information on it...I will keep looking or await your response! :P

Thanks,
Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Re: Alliance Assistance Levels

Postby Kaz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks for posting this in here instead, makes a record of the info to refer back to in the future.

I've had a look through, and each of the 3 alliances levels represents a percentage. The system calculates the aid by applying that percentage to each allied troop type, and each level of that troop. So for example 20% of allies t1 level 1 + 20% of allies t1 level 2.. etc

Patrols = 20%
Supplement = 30%
Army = 40%
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:25 pm

That is significantly higher than I thought it would be. Thanks!

So, what your saying is, quading up doms for defense and setting to Army support might be good good...until 1 dom cracks...then its an utter slaughter. Or vice versa with Offense supporting an attack.

Good to know. :twisted:

Does the defense apply to Forts/Arches etc? Say I have 2k forts on 4 doms...opponent attacks one realm with 2k forts but its really like hitting (set at Army) hitting 4400 forts?

Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Allies don't send their forts to help out your defence ;P

I once added code that would have your allies stop sending defensive assistance once you were reduced to a certain level of defeat. It didn't work very well but I'd love to try and think of a way of coding it so that allies don't get mashed by helping you out.

I was trying to make it so that allies will only help defend you if their help would lead to a successful defence / offence, but it didn't work right because my lack of understanding of the system. I might take another look at it now I understand it all better

e.g.

Allies would help offensivley with these messages
  • It was a massacre worthy of legend. {{LEADER}} led your forces to total victory.
  • It was a massacre worthy of song. {{LEADER}} led your forces to an easy victory.
  • The heathens put up a good challenge, but the armies of {{GOD}} prevailed!

But not these
  • It was a bloody battle, but even with your help the day could not be won.
  • {{LEADER}}'s incompetance was proven today as the heathen armies repelled your forces with ease.
  • {{LEADER}}'s incompetance was proven today as the heathen armies massacred your forces.
  • {{LEADER}}'s incompetance was proven today as the heathen armies annihilated your forces.

Unless you set an option to override your forces pulling out

Allies would help defensively with these messages
  • Together you annihilated the opposing forces. You cannot help but wonder at the incompetence of these heathens.
  • Together you massacred the opposing forces. You cannot help but wonder at the idiots these heathens are.
  • Together you turned aside the attack with ease. You cannot help but wonder at the fools these heathens are.
  • With your help, the heathens were repelled and the lands of $target protected.

But not these
  • A tough fight, but one you could not win. {{GOD}}s chosen overwhelmed you this day.
  • Your men rode into a slaughter. {{KINGDOM}} was pummelled severely by the heathens and there was little you could do to help.
  • Your men rode into hell. {{KINGDOM}} was devistated by the heathens and there was nothing you could do to help.

Unless you set an option to override your forces pulling out
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:24 pm

I like it, in any case...what I really don't want to read when I see that my ally has squandered my troops is...

Me: "What news of the north?"

Ally: "We have ordered conscriptions and sent riders to speed any word."

Me: "We'll the word in France is that my entire northern army is...annihilated!"

*edit* "Or Wallace sacked York!" */edit*

;)

Thanks,
Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Return to New Players Area (NPA)