Page 1 of 1

NPC Realms

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:29 pm
by Nymphsong
Kaz/ALCON,

I am very intrigued by the NPC realms out there. Can I as an Elf Fog them? Will they receive the benefits of a Fog? My thought is that if I Fog the NPC realms, it will make the going harder for opponent faiths to land farm with ease...

Do they regenerate/rebuild at all?

I ask because my Guild is specifically designed to help keep a Fog over the faith...so NPC realms are my gray area question and I do not want to waste elan/turns on something that cannot benefit from an Elven Fog.

Nymphsong

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:53 pm
by Jokingjoe
Yes, you can fog NPC realms.

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:47 pm
by Kaz
Alcon?? Not sure who Alcon is, but if they've been claiming to be me they've been lying to you.

On the subject on the NPC's and fog, yes you ought to be able to remotely cast fog on them.

The NPC's were supposed to be getting fogged, and having summons, ambush and shields reset randomly by the scrolls update script. However, I just looked into it an it's actually been bugged for a while. I just fixed it, so people might suddenly start noticing a lot more defensive effects on the NPC's from now.

Basically, every 5 mins a script runs that rolls a dice for fog, summon, shields and ambush on every living NPC. There is a 1 in 6 chance that Summon, Shields and(or) Ambush will reset.

This is worked out individually for each effect on each NPC so sometime it might reset shield, other times summon and shield etc etc.

Basically those should be resetting (on average) once every half an hour.

The fog resets on a 1 in 288 chance, so approximately once per day. That means an NPC (even with the script fixed) could be without fog, so if you reset fog at a regular time daily you could ensure NPC's are fogged if you wanted to.

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:00 pm
by Nymphsong
ALCON stands for "all concerned" and was directed at everyone else who plays the game and might have information that I was not aware of. Its a military thing.

That is very good information on the NPCs. Knowing that they can effectively take care of themselves will really help me out especially as a Barnie.

Nymph

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 pm
by Nymphsong
Kaz,

If I were to burn a NPC realm temples, would that eliminate that NPC realm's ability to conduct certain functions? For example NPC Realm has 1500 temples...I burn 1400 of them with scum. Will that effectively leave the NPC realm with only Ambush as a scripted possibility or is the temple count a non factor in determining the probability of what happens next?

Trying to figure out ways to better protect and exploit our NPC realms in the guilds game.

Nymph

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 pm
by Kaz
The current script is pretty basic, it just rolls a dice rather than works out whether or not that kingdom ought to be able to cast fog or not. If the dice says 'fog' then it'll get fog regardless of the number of temples.

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 pm
by Nymphsong
Kaz,

I have attacked two separate NPC realms now. For elves...those realms are a pain to break...but fun.

I just wanted to report, that in both instances I encountered zero fog. I think it may still be bugged or is running on whether the realm has appropriate temple count to cast or something...not overly sure.

Enjoy,
Nymph

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:07 am
by Jokingjoe
Nymph, remember elves are weaker on offense. Archers are best offense, bang for buck, but short of lots of barracks, it'll eat a lot of turns training.

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:36 pm
by Kaz
The script that resets NPC effects has nothing to do with temples at all. All it does is it loops through the living NPC's and rolls a dice to decide whether or not to update one of the defensive effects.

There does still seem to be some sort of issue though, and I'm investigating to try and establish what it is.

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:05 pm
by Nymphsong
Joe,

I had 14k Archers...and we still had to do about 8+ CSs on each realm before I started getting in. We elves just suck like that...but no worries...

Nymph

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:15 pm
by Kaz
On the NPC subject, for some reason it was only doing effects for a handful of NPC's per game, is WAS including fog, but wasn't even giving the chance of it to the majority of NPC kingdoms. It's now running the checks against all NPC kingdoms so the chances of fog are now much higher, as are the chances of ambush, shields and summons on the NPC's that were previously being ignored..

Re: NPC Realms

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:30 pm
by Nymphsong
...maybe I should have waited till I was more land fat before reporting :|