NPC Realms

~ The place to come for help or advice relating to Monarchy

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

NPC Realms

Postby Nymphsong » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Kaz/ALCON,

I am very intrigued by the NPC realms out there. Can I as an Elf Fog them? Will they receive the benefits of a Fog? My thought is that if I Fog the NPC realms, it will make the going harder for opponent faiths to land farm with ease...

Do they regenerate/rebuild at all?

I ask because my Guild is specifically designed to help keep a Fog over the faith...so NPC realms are my gray area question and I do not want to waste elan/turns on something that cannot benefit from an Elven Fog.

Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Re: NPC Realms

Postby Jokingjoe » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Yes, you can fog NPC realms.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Alcon?? Not sure who Alcon is, but if they've been claiming to be me they've been lying to you.

On the subject on the NPC's and fog, yes you ought to be able to remotely cast fog on them.

The NPC's were supposed to be getting fogged, and having summons, ambush and shields reset randomly by the scrolls update script. However, I just looked into it an it's actually been bugged for a while. I just fixed it, so people might suddenly start noticing a lot more defensive effects on the NPC's from now.

Basically, every 5 mins a script runs that rolls a dice for fog, summon, shields and ambush on every living NPC. There is a 1 in 6 chance that Summon, Shields and(or) Ambush will reset.

This is worked out individually for each effect on each NPC so sometime it might reset shield, other times summon and shield etc etc.

Basically those should be resetting (on average) once every half an hour.

The fog resets on a 1 in 288 chance, so approximately once per day. That means an NPC (even with the script fixed) could be without fog, so if you reset fog at a regular time daily you could ensure NPC's are fogged if you wanted to.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:00 pm

ALCON stands for "all concerned" and was directed at everyone else who plays the game and might have information that I was not aware of. Its a military thing.

That is very good information on the NPCs. Knowing that they can effectively take care of themselves will really help me out especially as a Barnie.

Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Nymphsong » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Kaz,

If I were to burn a NPC realm temples, would that eliminate that NPC realm's ability to conduct certain functions? For example NPC Realm has 1500 temples...I burn 1400 of them with scum. Will that effectively leave the NPC realm with only Ambush as a scripted possibility or is the temple count a non factor in determining the probability of what happens next?

Trying to figure out ways to better protect and exploit our NPC realms in the guilds game.

Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:03 pm

The current script is pretty basic, it just rolls a dice rather than works out whether or not that kingdom ought to be able to cast fog or not. If the dice says 'fog' then it'll get fog regardless of the number of temples.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Kaz,

I have attacked two separate NPC realms now. For elves...those realms are a pain to break...but fun.

I just wanted to report, that in both instances I encountered zero fog. I think it may still be bugged or is running on whether the realm has appropriate temple count to cast or something...not overly sure.

Enjoy,
Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Jokingjoe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:07 am

Nymph, remember elves are weaker on offense. Archers are best offense, bang for buck, but short of lots of barracks, it'll eat a lot of turns training.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:36 am

The script that resets NPC effects has nothing to do with temples at all. All it does is it loops through the living NPC's and rolls a dice to decide whether or not to update one of the defensive effects.

There does still seem to be some sort of issue though, and I'm investigating to try and establish what it is.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Joe,

I had 14k Archers...and we still had to do about 8+ CSs on each realm before I started getting in. We elves just suck like that...but no worries...

Nymph
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Postby Kaz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:15 pm

On the NPC subject, for some reason it was only doing effects for a handful of NPC's per game, is WAS including fog, but wasn't even giving the chance of it to the majority of NPC kingdoms. It's now running the checks against all NPC kingdoms so the chances of fog are now much higher, as are the chances of ambush, shields and summons on the NPC's that were previously being ignored..
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Nymphsong » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:30 pm

...maybe I should have waited till I was more land fat before reporting :|
Nymphsong
Nymphsong
Explorer

Return to New Players Area (NPA)