Page 1 of 1

Summoned Troops Question

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:45 pm
by Leif
Firstly, sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, I didn't see it in a quick skim of the topics.

IF my wicked old, questionable memory serves me... Previously if you summoned troops, they were G. However, if you bought and trained even just one T1 troop to E, than the entire base of summoned troops also became E.

Questions:
1. Am I remembering this right?
2. Does this still exist?

Re: Summoned Troops Question

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:55 pm
by Kaz
That's not right, and I don't think it ever actually was (at least not in the post-shareplay PHP-based code engines).

When calculating relative troop strengths, summoned troops are level 1 green troops. That calculation is done separate from any screen that 'lists' them, and they are bundled in with T1-1.

Looking through, I can't actually see any screen that lists the summoned troops as a part of the visible total. Other than when viewing an ally, and that doesn't include an indication for Green, Veteran or Elite. Even a scout report doesn't actually include the summoned numbers on the report.

Kingdom, Hire, Training, View Guild etc all don't actually include the summons as a part of the T1 count.

The Kingdom screen 'used' to (until I moved the summon total into a summary), but it had calculated the training level based on the real troops and then just added the summons to the count. It wasn't making those summons into elite troops.

Re: Summoned Troops Question

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:40 pm
by Leif
Thanks for the clarification, Kaz :) I was seriously questioning myself as to if I had made this up in my mind somewhere along the way... apparently I had ;)

Re: Summoned Troops Question

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:36 am
by Kaz
Not necessarily "made up in your mind", just miss-understanding a screen that was showing inaccurate and confusing data.

Previously, when the summon total was included on the kingdom summary as part of the T1 count. Hiring a single elite T1 troop would have listed the T1 total as summon + 1, and the level as elite. But that wasn't actually the case as far as raw troop strength calculations were concerned.