Summoned Troops Question

~ The place to come for help or advice relating to Monarchy

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Summoned Troops Question

Postby Leif » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Firstly, sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, I didn't see it in a quick skim of the topics.

IF my wicked old, questionable memory serves me... Previously if you summoned troops, they were G. However, if you bought and trained even just one T1 troop to E, than the entire base of summoned troops also became E.

Questions:
1. Am I remembering this right?
2. Does this still exist?
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Re: Summoned Troops Question

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:55 pm

That's not right, and I don't think it ever actually was (at least not in the post-shareplay PHP-based code engines).

When calculating relative troop strengths, summoned troops are level 1 green troops. That calculation is done separate from any screen that 'lists' them, and they are bundled in with T1-1.

Looking through, I can't actually see any screen that lists the summoned troops as a part of the visible total. Other than when viewing an ally, and that doesn't include an indication for Green, Veteran or Elite. Even a scout report doesn't actually include the summoned numbers on the report.

Kingdom, Hire, Training, View Guild etc all don't actually include the summons as a part of the T1 count.

The Kingdom screen 'used' to (until I moved the summon total into a summary), but it had calculated the training level based on the real troops and then just added the summons to the count. It wasn't making those summons into elite troops.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Leif » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Kaz :) I was seriously questioning myself as to if I had made this up in my mind somewhere along the way... apparently I had ;)
-}}}Dulcius ex Asperis >
Gatekeepers...SUCK?
Leif
RAGE >.<

Postby Kaz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 pm

Not necessarily "made up in your mind", just miss-understanding a screen that was showing inaccurate and confusing data.

Previously, when the summon total was included on the kingdom summary as part of the T1 count. Hiring a single elite T1 troop would have listed the T1 total as summon + 1, and the level as elite. But that wasn't actually the case as far as raw troop strength calculations were concerned.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Return to New Players Area (NPA)