New Look Training and Offer Screens (Comments & Criticisms)
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 pm
Ok, with the latest version of the game-code, we rolled out a couple of changes to some of the main screens.
The biggest change is with the Training screen, where we have totally rebuilt the screen from scratch. The idea was to remove some of the extra content that was irrelevant, and only show you options to train troops that you actually have. Because this change is so big, we kept a link to the old version around. If anybody is using the old version rather than the new one, I'd very much like to hear why. I'd also like to hear any other comments (good or bad) relating to this major change.
The next biggest change is the additional information on the Offer/Tithe screen. A large part of the reason for adding additional content to this screen was because it was so empty before. A single entry box, a few of your kingdom variables, and a submit button always felt like it didn't really need it's own screen. Has adding options to select between max 9's, midi and micro tithing made things better? Or does the lack of needing to pull out a calculator for efficient tithing take an element away from the game? Is the large summary of tithe gifts useful? Or too much information?
Although it's a small change, I'd also like feedback on the additional BRT information on the township screen. I know that from my point of view it's made life quicker, but I've also occasionally built an extra building because I looked at the 'next-BRT' number by mistake.
Please be honest with regards to these changes, and if you can think of additional improvements (of a similar nature) to these screens or others, post that too.
The biggest change is with the Training screen, where we have totally rebuilt the screen from scratch. The idea was to remove some of the extra content that was irrelevant, and only show you options to train troops that you actually have. Because this change is so big, we kept a link to the old version around. If anybody is using the old version rather than the new one, I'd very much like to hear why. I'd also like to hear any other comments (good or bad) relating to this major change.
The next biggest change is the additional information on the Offer/Tithe screen. A large part of the reason for adding additional content to this screen was because it was so empty before. A single entry box, a few of your kingdom variables, and a submit button always felt like it didn't really need it's own screen. Has adding options to select between max 9's, midi and micro tithing made things better? Or does the lack of needing to pull out a calculator for efficient tithing take an element away from the game? Is the large summary of tithe gifts useful? Or too much information?
Although it's a small change, I'd also like feedback on the additional BRT information on the township screen. I know that from my point of view it's made life quicker, but I've also occasionally built an extra building because I looked at the 'next-BRT' number by mistake.
Please be honest with regards to these changes, and if you can think of additional improvements (of a similar nature) to these screens or others, post that too.