Guide to the new layout

~ The place to come for help or advice relating to Monarchy

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Guide to the new layout

Postby Kaz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

This thread will move the NPA as soon as the new theme gets rolled out to the other games.

For now, as the new theme is rolling out with the Guilds game, I might as well post it here.

Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Re: Guide to the new layout

Postby Tara » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Upon acceptance to a guild in Guilds game, I'm missing icons/links to some things.
On your screenshots, they're the ones listed as "Optional/Temporary" .. is this to be when joining a guild, as opposed to running unguilded? ...I'd kind'a like the 'load/save' option back, not ta mention the 'suicide yer kingdom' option, that's just a given ;p
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

Postby Kaz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Load / Save shows up during NPP only. Once the 72 hour restore code goes in, it'll also show up if you've not attacked for 24 hours. But it'll be a different version of the screen that costs turns and only lets you restore 75% of the kingdom you had 72 hours earlier. The main saved builds are all NPP only. If you die and restart it'll show during NPP again.

Leave NPP stops showing after you've left NPP.

Suicide shows up when you've got less than 2000 acres, are in NPP or have 0 turns. The 0 turns thing is more for the massacre style games, but it basically opens suicide up to any kingdom easily enough. It also wont let you suicide if you're at war or within a set time period of attacking or being attacked, but the option will still show (assuming you meet the standard criteria).

UB Wars will show if the UB Wars screen is turns on for the game instance. That's actually all games as it currnetly stands, but the screen is config-based so 'could' be turned off.

Assuming the UB Scouts screen is turned on for the game, it'll show for Unguilded kingdoms all the time. They will have access to intelligence gathered by UG's from all faiths. If you join a guild, the screen will show assuming you have the 'View UB' priv which allows you to see it. The guilded version has access to scouts stored by any guilded player in your faith.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Jokingjoe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:21 pm

I was looking for the old Search option to single out a kingdom--is that gone?
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 am

I had an icon drawn up, even made icons to `search` for guild and also for quad, but in the end when finally putting together the layout I realised that I didn't see the point of it.

All it does is give you the rank and number if you type in a kingdom name, or the rank and kingdom name if you type in a number. It had some purpose back in the day for generating external ranking tools to list the whole scrolls, but you can now view the whole scrolls anyway.

You can replicate the functionality by going to the scrolls and clicking Ctrl-F (or your browsers equivalent for in-page search)

You also have more powerful versions of the functionality in the two UB's.

A guilded version or a quad version would just give you the fullname in return for the acronym or vica-versa. Which seem even more pointless. You can get that from a glance the guild/quad scrolls.

If you can think of a use that screen serves that has not been replaced in other screens, let me know. Adding it back would be easy enough, but as I said, I can't really see any real point for it.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Jokingjoe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 am

True enough--I have used it in the past to check on enemies who weren't visible in my scrolls viewable range, but the tools are out there now to not need it. No worries.
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Kaz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Even if you have kingdoms not visible in your scrolls range, you can now just click 'Show All Scrolls' and you'll see the lot anyway.

There wasn't much point in limiting the visibility when you can view the whole list of scrolls via the UB databases. I just left the limit as the default for old times sake (and so that you don't have to load all the scrolls if you don't need to see them), and offered a link to expand the view if required.
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:20 pm

I am hoping this wasn't covered. I have little time to post (kind of), but is there a way you can re-enable HTML on the banner to allow for larger text? The small text is fine, maybe I am doing it wrong, but being able to add a little bit more to the banner has always been one of my fun things to do. If not, I understand as it would definitely save bandwidth and I remember SD talking about how "non-closed" brackets/code would screw up other things.

Just my two cents.

Other than that, everything looks awesome and performs really well.
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Postby Kaz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:55 pm

HTML is enabled on the banner. You're probably using old depreciated markup that doesn't work with the doctype. Send me an example of something that doesn't work right and i'll tell you where you're going wrong
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 pm

It is working now.

Thank you for the help though!
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers
Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Return to New Players Area (NPA)