So... who's going to come and roleplay?

~ The place to come for help or advice relating to Monarchy

Moderators: Staff, Game Staff

Re: So... who's going to come and roleplay?

Postby Lifean Silvermoon » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I am in for RP, though I'm afraid that none of you know who I am. I'll gladly RP, I just need to know where to do it.
A once proud warrior, reduced to a child, cursed by her clan to outlive everyone she loves and serves, now seeks to find her past.

"Where did I come from? Why can I not remember my past? All I remember is a name, Hyuga the Shadow walker."
Lifean Silvermoon
Newbling

Postby Kaz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

The roleplay forums are under the Stories of Tonan catagory on the boards. Unfortunatly there does not seem to be an active roleplay at the moment due to me not having time to post and the thread requiring me to do so :(

You should start your own thread, people will join you, or start an OOC discussion thread in the OOC forum and see what people feel like roleplaying.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Sikil » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

What did ever happen to the role-play? It seemed to have dwindled and then died. This was one aspect of the game I was looking forward to dabbling in.
"The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I'll walk carefully."
Stolen Sun Studios
Sikil
Traveler

Postby Kaz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Roleplay was pretty much dead at evernight back in December 2005 when Maxim was closed and Covenant opened. Covenant didn't really pan out, and by 2009 when evernight closed, the roleplay was totally gone.

Have attempted to get it going again a couple of times since, once when I opened a selection of era specific roleplay forums after joining staff at evernight. Tried again when we moved here, but unfortunatly I think my inability to find the time to roleplay killed that idea when people started depending on my posts to continue the story.

To get it going again we need people that not only wish the old roleplay days would return, but can also find the time to actually write. More importantly, as I am still struggling to find the time and inspiration for roleplay, we need a few people to act like 'dungeon masters' and help shape the world again. If the roleplay is critically centred around my characters, it wont work.

A single entity has found its way from the void into Tonan. When it kills, it is able to shapeshift into the form of what it fed on. There is only one of them as it was last seem near the northern mountains after killing a young droben. 'I' will introduce more in the future, but one shadow form shapeshifting void being is enough for now. Nobody knows what it is, or where it came from, and understanding of it coming from the void is another storyline point that would need to hold off for now. You 'may' freely roleplay the actions and thoughts of the creature, just let me know first if you plan on introducing any new element to the idea. The entity is a prelude to a future game idea so can't roleplay outside of the ideas for it's future.

There are no Gods at the moment, Barnabas, Angelique and Leto are now mortals. Unlike the past, I dont mind if the mortal kings are actually included in roleplay. Just make sure that before posting actions of a 'god', you check with me (initially until roleplay picks up more) to make sure that your idea does not clash with intended future storyline, or the basic understanding of the characters.

With the gods as mortals, there is one key thing that needs to be worked out, and three whole storylines of them trying to build up worshippers as mortals, and eventually follow oleana's route back to heaven. However, as mortals in a land of many races, what races were they reincarnated into?? In a game with 9 racial groups, including several sub species within a 'race', are ALL the gods Human?

So in summary, for roleplay to return, some people need to step up and play the role of posting the threads, and pre-plotting a certain level of the storylines for others to follow.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Kaz
Administrator

Postby Jokingjoe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Well, the way Mickal's been advancing, he could probably be Barnabas, himself! ;D
Jokingjoe
Second Centurion

Postby Aeyliea » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:10 pm

That, perhaps, is why I am here. Alas, I doubt any will join me, thinking of days long since past.
Now nimble fingers, that dance on numbers / Will eat your children and steal your thunder;
While heavy torsos that heave and hurl / will crunch like nuts in the mouth of squirrels.

Yeah, its Seska. Start running now, bitch.
Aeyliea
Explorer

Postby Tara » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:47 am

Ohh not so my friend! I'm around, still love to write and actually have a couple days off work IN A ROW (GASP & Shock!) so yea... if you'll be around later today / overnight tonight, find me. ICQ me or something we can definitely get somethin started or you'll be always welcome in anything I get going.
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie

Postby Dreck » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:30 pm

I've always wanted to roleplay...in the bedroom.
Angelique
Open for business
Scummer
Scouting your kingdom since the beginning of time
Dreck
Wayfarer

Previous

Return to New Players Area (NPA)