Page 1 of 1

Logging out

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 am
by stainless
can i still log out of my kingdoms individually to claim a turns bonus like i used to be able to back in the day? im sure i read somewhere you can, i just cant find where.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 pm
by Kaz
I think so, it's vacation mode that is not currently an option.

Although logging out is disabled in Massacre games as doing so increases turns for free.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 pm
by stainless
I don't mean to seem simple, but could you please point me in the right direction. I'm having trouble finding the option.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:26 am
by Kaz
Leave NPP, Restart and Log Out are all on the same screen, so if you cant find a log out link, click on one of the other two options and - assuming its not massacre conquest - you should find it.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:50 pm
by Jokingjoe
I don't see it there.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:42 pm
by Kaz
Jokingjoe wrote:I don't see it there.
in what game?

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:48 am
by Jokingjoe
I don't see it in Dom v2 or Bloodbath.

Of course, my Dom kingdom hasn't left NPP, though I can't see why that would affect it.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:05 am
by asoc
Bummmp

In that screen I see
Load/save - Preferences - Leave NPP - Restart

no logout option.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:02 am
by Kaz
Logout is enabled in all games except massacre style games, so should be available in domination and bloodbath.

The reason I suspect that you cant find a 'link' to logout is simply that the layout was designed for massacre, and other games had previously (at evernight) used the older layout.

As I said previously, the leave npp and restart links take you to the same screen as logout. If you cant see a logout link, then click `leave npp` or `restart` instead, and then select logout.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:30 pm
by asoc
Clicked on both leave NPP and restart. Both take me to the restart screen. And when I click the restart button I get the restart confirmation. And I am not clicking the confirm restart button, lol.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:06 pm
by Kaz
Hmm.. That screen should have three options on it

restart
leave npp
log out

If logout is not there, then something is wrong, and it's currently not an option

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 am
by Jokingjoe
both options show:


If you are in NPP and wish to retry your build, have 0 turns and been out of war for 48 hours and wish to start anew, or have been smashed to less that 2000 acres and wish to restart click here. Restarting your kingdom will incure a bravery penalty of 17 and will count as a kill against your kingdom.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 am
by Kaz
Jokingjoe wrote:both options show:


If you are in NPP and wish to retry your build, have 0 turns and been out of war for 48 hours and wish to start anew, or have been smashed to less that 2000 acres and wish to restart click here. Restarting your kingdom will incure a bravery penalty of 17 and will count as a kill against your kingdom.

Joe, you message confused me.

You've said both option show, but not mentioned anything about log out. Is log out showing for you or not? if so, in which game(s)

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm
by asoc
Kaz wrote:
Jokingjoe wrote:both options show:


If you are in NPP and wish to retry your build, have 0 turns and been out of war for 48 hours and wish to start anew, or have been smashed to less that 2000 acres and wish to restart click here. Restarting your kingdom will incure a bravery penalty of 17 and will count as a kill against your kingdom.

Joe, you message confused me.

You've said both option show, but not mentioned anything about log out. Is log out showing for you or not? if so, in which game(s)
I believe he is stating that both options - 1st option clicking restart and 2nd option clicking leave NPP - show the info about restarting.

He isn't seeing the log out option anywhere either or he would state he saw it.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 pm
by Kaz
The previous post from me, that he's replying to says there ought to be 3 options on the screen, and if logout isn't there then something is wrong and it's not an option.

We'd already established that the other two options show up, so either he meant that he could see logout, or the post was redundant.

Hence my confusion :p

Re: Logging out

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 pm
by Kaz
However,

A quick second look at the code, and it's obvious why logout is not showing up.

It should now, at least in non-massacre games.

Re: Logging out

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:22 am
by Jokingjoe
sorry, it was late when I posted. I had just copy/pasted my screen for the NPP/Restart screen, which was the same.